• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tonic's teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
You may remember he had a 'peg tooth'? Anyway he's been grinding it down, only for it to kinda gone sideways!? (I'll try and get a photo)

It doesn't hurt him, but he's now having a bit of trouble eating. I am cutting the veg into tiny bits so he doesn't need to bite into them and break them again.

It may be best for me to then always give him softer foods.

Do you think there is anything the vet can do in order to straighten his teeth? I don't know if it would make a difference if I took him, cos other than straightening his teeth I guess nothing else can be done?

I would try and get him to a rodentologist - there will be something that they can do I expect. Ted has wonky teeth with ones missing and Sumo also has malloclusion and both have had dental work to even things out. I can give you the details of the man I use but you might want to contact the CCT and see if there is anyone closer.

If he is struggling with his veg try grating it - my lads love grated food!

Grating has always worked v well for me - you can do it for pretty much any veg but Ted especially likes carrot, cucumber and celery grated mixed with some finely shreaded spring greens or round lettuce.

Will try that later, thanx! He was still able to munch on his beloved cucumber but that's kinda soft anyway!

Tonic loves his grated veg! I grated some carrot, cucumber and broccoli and he looked so happy that could eat his favourites with no problems!

tongrated.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back