• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a bit of tooth/bone stuck in their gum when they've had a tooth pulled?

I have had this before but it seems that I have some stuck in my gum from when I had a tooth pulled a few weeks ago and it's under the gum.. doh. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas as I have dental phobia :/

I hate the dentists also... Have done since a nasty experience as a child... Best to get it checked out though so it doesn't get any worse x

lol yeah I have to get my son to book them and come with me!

That's what it is artcasper, you experience something bad and it totally puts you off, we had a dentist that was ok, we left him for a little bit and came back and he was still ok, but then he started to hurt us, us = me and my son, so it totally put me off when he did work on an infected tooth and made the pain very bad! Then we tried a different dentist who was rude and arrogant, so that put me off her as well, it doesn't go too well when someone tries to talk down to you when you have social anxiety.

If it doesn't come through the gum, I'll have to go and tell her I just want the bit of tooth/bone removing and nothing else done. Last time I went she was meant to do filling, she pulled my tooth... and almost choked me on a bit of tooth....

I also have a dental appointment in a couple of weeks, got a tooth hurting when i bite. January it got infected but dentist cant fill it. Its either root canal (which i am terrifed of) or extraction. It settled down until last week so am going for extraction. I too am scared of the dentist, you wouldnt believe the state i get myself into. Good luck with yours.

Aww bless @dotty44 That's what I opted for, I had an abscess in one for about 13 years, I asked the dentist to pull it as the other seem to avoid doing it, that's where the bit of tooth or bone is, I'm hope it'll poke out so I can get it out myself.

It's unlikely to poke out because unfortunately mouths are good at either healing over stuff completely or getting infected enough that they swell up... so if you can manage it, go for a quick trip to the dentist. Or maybe try a different one who you feel more comfortable with? x

Sadly there are non who have NHS places where I live at the moment :/ Also your body does usually push things like bits of tooth/bone out, only this time I've been unlucky and it hasn't lol typical. I can see the white but it's not poking out... it might be a quick visit but I have to wait about to weeks to get in with a dentist. It was three weeks when I first went there in May! I'll have to figure something else out.

I have a great dentist.He really gets me.Never used to be too bad but even the needle hurts now cos of fibromyalgia.I used to take my son with me so I couldn't run away

Yeah I never thought about that... I'm still new to Fibro, it was only last year that my Dr said it was likely that I have it.

Thank you, I hope it shifts as well, I've been trying to get it through the gum (I have a decent pain threshold, not when it comes to gout or toothache though lol) but it doesn't want to come through!

I have had a couple of mini quarters of doubles stuck in my gum before, it was a baby tooth though, it went after a year or so!

Hmmm, do you think I need to have it removed if it doesn't cause me pain or move? I'm just bothered about it moving.

I think it depends why you had it removed in the first place? Was it due to rotting?

Well... about 13 years ago I changed dentist who was a bit crap, when I went back to my old dentist he said the other one MAY have put a crown over the top of a tooth with an abscess, he never pulled it or offered to pull it, neither did the next dentist and the dentist I'm with now said I could leave it... really? lol.. but because I got like a lump on it that popped from time to time I thought nah, this needs pulling, so I asked the dentist to pull it, it stank when she pulled the tooth, so yeah I think it may have been going rotten, I couldn't tell with the being a crown over it.

Hm. I think they will probably take an x-Ray, if there is nothing below it I shouldn't imagine they will pull it out. I'm no dentist though lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back