• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Toy tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NocturnalRapport

I want to give my guineas something to play with.

So far they have had 2 bog roll tubes (which they like to stick on their nose and lift into the air!) and a shoe-box-house which they LOVED but it is all chewed and covered in poo and wee now.

I want to make them something else, can't really afford to buy proper toys at the moment.

Any tips welcome!

try giving them brown paper bags or stuff the paper bags / toilet roll / boxes with hay. I also try leave piles of hay in diff places when in the play pen for them to rummage in and under.

Old towels or bath mats - especially coupled with cardboard tubes stuck between layers - gives them something to nest in.

Or put a bit of carrot or other veg on a thread and hang it from the cage ceiling, so they have to get a bit up on their backlegs to catch it.

Sow some wild bird seed mix tightly on some compost or a damp fleece on a tray or some low dishes and leave it outside to sprout. You'll have a cheap cut-and-grow treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back