• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

toys to keep occupied

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Any good ideas for homemade or bought toys for the piggies to keep them occupied when too cold to go into runs?

Thats a good post.I can't think of what to get my piggies.They live out doors,not sure what size the hutch is.They always seem so bored.I could use some toy advice too!

I did buy they some fruit chews but they went all manky after a while(because they went to the loo on them!)and i have got a bouncing back guinea pig what you put treats in,but they just knock it over once then leave it.

I got mine the ball with the cat ball inside it with a bell Brandy likes to pick it up and throw it kinda thing and Sooty prefer a plastic carrot with green rope stuff at the ends for them to chew and Misty just likes going through tunnels :)

Mine have willow balls & sticks which some chew, others don't. They all have tunnels, made from the inners of carpet rolls & again some love them, others don't ::)

Niki

Thanx for the ideas, think I will buy couple of balls and some more tunnels.

Mine like things they can run through and things they can around. I have an assortment of tunnels, nesting balls, ramps etc and they love to run laps and 'figure of 8s' around, through and under everything whilst popcorning. I also have a cat litter tray which I fill with 3 or 4 different types of hay everyday. They go mad for this and bury themselves in it and sit and munch on it.

I have tried treat balls and willow balls - they have always ignored things like this.

Try stuffing a loo roll with hay, they love that. I have a tennis ball sized, plastic ball with a bell in and he pushes that around his run. He also has one of those chubes, but if you've a carpet shop near you they may let you have the cardboard inner to cut up and use as a tunnel. I also chuck in a piece A4 paper scrunched up into a ball every so often and he carries it round like a cat would! He likes his log wood tunnel as well. got that from pah. Best thing they can have is room to run around an popcorn! ;D

Niki said:
Mine have willow balls & sticks which some chew, others don't. They all have tunnels, made from the inners of carpet rolls & again some love them, others don't ::)

Niki

Tunnels are great to keep them occupied.
For time spent in the run, you can make big labyrinths out of them:

vorlagepipe.jpg

And just bits of them in a cage, just to give them some extra space to hide in and race through:

pebbles1.jpg

level1.jpg

Mine love them. Its especially fun to watch when two try to get into the same drainpipe from different directions - and then one of them has to come out backwards ^^

Paper is good.
The thin stuff that comes around wine bottles was always popular due to the sound it made when walked on ar burrowed under.

Tunnels are great to keep them occupied.
For time spent in the run, you can make big labyrinths out of them:
/vorlagepipe.jpg[/img]

And just bits of them in a cage, just to give them some extra space to hide in and race through:

Thanx very much bought drainpipes today gr8 fun for all! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back