• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have been looking at the toys available for piggies and they seem rather limited. I have many toys for pepper to play with, from general squeeky fluffy toys to treat ball or treat dispensing toys and then the super special nina ottason interactive toys.

Most toys for piggies are hay racks - how is that a toy ?/ or wooden chews - I wouldnt call them a toy, they are a necessity for them, or tunnels - about as close to a toy you can get really.

Would they enjoy food dispensing toys like a treat ball? I have seen mini knogs available for them, pepper has two and I love them, I could get a couple but I was thinking more the round ones so they can forrage for the treats and keep themselves amused a bit more than hiding in tunnels (although I know they like this).

I just dont want them to get bored, has anyone got toys that are different for the piggies or do they just like to sleep and hide so it would be a waste of time?

In my experience, the best toys for piggies are the "home made" ones, like an empty cereal box, or a shoe box with 2 opposite holes for them to run through. My boys like this one in particular, they love to zoom through the box, around the pigloo next to it, and through the shoebox again and again. Silly boys. The shoebox does not last long though, as they like to chew it to pieces.
An empty tissue box is also fun for them to play in, and chew on, ofcourse.
Then you can also stuff hay into an empty toilet roll tube.
A nice hay loft will also work, my piggies like to play UNDER the hay :))

We have a permanent thread with toy ideas in our reference section (which is always worth a look in).

We have a permanent thread with toy ideas in our reference section (which is always worth a look in).

Thank you, I was having to dash off to work this morning and didnt have a proper look, off to have a shufty now

give a piggly a shoe box and they are in heaven. Mine loooove them. And cos I am a massive shoe lover I always have plenty at hand

I've bought so many toys in the past, but in the end my girls prefer the boxes they come in. Or the boxes from the dog food pouches, anything cardboard hehe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back