Travel sickness wristband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I have always suffered from this whenever going on long journeys and do have a medicine. But am fed up of always taking it!

I have heard about a wristband (for kids!) that they wear to stop the sickness and to save taking medication.

Don't want to be a plonka 2funny and ask in a chemist for them if they really don't exist - but I've never seen one! Anyone know what I am after and if they work/where to get them from?

Thanx!

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yes, I've heard of them and they do exist. I think they put pressure on certain points on your wrist and help prevent the nausea/sickness. I believe you can get them from Chemists.

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Oh great thanx! I've just done a search and can only come up with the travel band in Canada!

Wont feel like a wally asking tomorrow! :D

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
They definitely exist! :) - We sold them in the chemist I worked at! LOL :)

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
They are called Sea bands and I have used them for years. The acupressure point is what makes them work. You can wash them as they get sweaty!

C

claire

Hiya

They do sell them at boots, i used to get terrible travel sickness and my mum bought me a pair of the wristbands and i never felt sick in a car again, they are fab :)

Hope they help you too :)

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
ahh cool! You know, I've never seen them! :D Saying that our Boots has always been naff :D

Status
Not open for further replies.