• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Trying not to freak outBUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm already there.

The hutch that I keep: Genga Ben and Jerry in.

Well today I opened the door to give them their morning food and they'd poop'd in the bowl as usual, no problems. Except that When I looked, it was a dark brown liquid that moved quiet freely.

I haven't fed them beetroot or anything unusual. The thing that concerns me is:

I noticed that Genga, has really large balls...like, REALLY prominent. he hates being picked up and will squirm away at any possible moment...

I'm crying because in my head he's got cancer or something,

someone please reply?!

x

oh gosh hun I dont know what to say but If you are really worried I would definetly take your boy to the vets for a check over to make sure he is okay. Big hugs and I hope everything will be okay x

That's what I've done =) Could've been some food colouring making it that colour. I have no idea whatprobiotics is.

When mine had the run's I put her in her own cage and gave her hay only and it went back to normal the next day, sometime's they just eat more han their fair share in veggie's or the poo could of been sat in wee making it go watery

so do I, I wouldn't be quiet as worried if he'd always been mine, if that makes sense? But i've rehomed him from a really nice lady on here, so I don't know his pastxxx

ARGH I HATE THE WORLD, £22 pounds for a CONSULTATION withoutany MEDICATION and he might be fine. I can't afford this but I can't bear to think of something in distress:'( xx

Are you sure they didn't poop in the bowl and then pee ontop?

I have a stinky pair here that do that and it makes a liquid brown water like stuff in the food bowl?

If he looks at all hunched up, or sitting in the corner, or less bright than usual then I would get him to the vet now. If not and he goes downhill it will be much more expensive to see a vet out of hours / emergency.

But if you are just freaked out by the poop liquid in the bowl and the pig is otherwise normal, then monitor his poops and water consumption and see how he is.

I wrapped him up in a towel to get him from the hutch to the playpen with light pink fleece in, he hasn't moved, for about 10 minuets. Etiher he's ubber comfy or ... IDK he hasn't moved. He hasn't pooped and i've had him out for a good half an hour now, he hasn't wee'd. .....

Sophies right about vets bills they get pretty nasty out of hours. It may be worth making an appointment for today at a vets that's open just to be sure.

Diarrhea can be quite serious.

Just got back from the vets and they said the only thing that is wrong with him is that he probably has mites... :/ i'm setting up a seperate cage to keep him seperate from the little ones to make sure he's okay.

Thanks for the advice everyone

now all I have to do is worry about the flue i've got :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back