Tuck is absolutely terrified!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carma Violet

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My youngest Guinea Pig, Tuck, is absolutely terrified for some reason tonight. Gadget and Gimmick are also really attacking her (no blood drawn though, but a lot of screaming from her). I'm very concerned about her. She is so petrified, I am worried about her hurting herself on the cage walls when she freaks out.

Anyone got any advice?

-Carma

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
The screaming is submission, not necessarily pain. Could you put her somewhere tight and cosy right next to the cage for her to calm down if she is really freaked out? Then again, neutral space for reintros.

Carma Violet

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As in a seperate enclosure, or shelters? I have a pet carried I was considering putting her in, and covering, putting her in one of the other quieter rooms. Even typing is making her alarm rumble.

God the noise is awful, it's giving me goosebumps :(

-Carma

Last edited:

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I would put her in a pet carrier to make her feel cosy and "safe". I wouldn't put her away, though. That would feel like punishment.

New companions and a new environment can be too much for some piggies to deal with all at once.

amywithpiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poor piggy! Try holding her in a blanket on your lap in a nice quiet room, speaking softly to her and petting her. When my mum's piggy gets upset this is the easiest way to make him feel better again.
If I were you I wouldn't put her in with them again for a while. They seem to be bullying her a bit! Hmm I'm not sure what to suggest really since Poppy and Phoebe are little soul mates :P

Carma Violet

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well, they have been fine for 2 months, but I think both Gadget and Gimmick are in season, they both seem in a right grump. Tuck hasn't made a noise for a while, but at the next sign of stress I will put her in the carrier and put the door on it, it's already in their pen, so I was thinking about leaving it in there with a huge amount of hay. but covering it over so she doesn't see me or the OH moving about.

Unfortunately, she is very very timid still and holding her would probably stress her out as she just wants to run and hide. If it was one of the other two. This would be a perfect solutions.

Infact I held Gimmick for a bit, and then gave Gadget a massage, and since then they seemed to have calmed down. Maybe Tuck wasn't the problem.

Thanks you guys :). It's such a relief knowing that you are all here to offer advice when we most need it...

...:( The squealing has started again...

-Carma

Status
Not open for further replies.