Two neutered boys to join 3 girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggyologist

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

We're really tempted to re-home 2 neutered beautiful boys. We've already got 3 girls running free. They have 5 individual little houses underneath one large cage where they eat and drink, so theoretically there should be enough space for all.

Does anybody know if the new neutered boards may fight the girls?

Shauna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The boys would fight over the girls, so i wouldn't

flintstones

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
The neutered boars will find each other, more than likely too the death.

You can only have one neutered boar pair her of girls. Boars don't share their woman.

If one of my boys so much as walks past the other that lives with his woman they lunge at the cage.

Boars are very different too girls, what you could do is split group into 2, and then each can each have a girlie or two, depends if the boys are bonded but please do not put them with a group of girls together.

Last edited:

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
You will have to split up the boars and the girls to form two groups. Boars will fight.

You can have any amount of girls with one neutered boar - I am up to 9 girls now with my boar - but you can't have two boars sharing three girls!

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As above one neutered boar will live (very) happily with a group of ladies but two will fight to the death over their women. If you have the space why not get the boys and split into two herd, you could even get some more ladies!

Piggyologist

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the replies. We won't be getting more boys, then :) Here are our cage arrangements in the living room. One not neutered boar lives "upstairs" in his two joined cages. Big dog cage below is chinchilla's. And the three girls have their 5 individual beds underneath their cage in the corner. There is simply no more space to split pigs into groups without sacrificing some quality of their life, which we don't want to do.

cages.jpg

cages-2.jpg

PiggiePal

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
wow this looks like an exciting home to explore. I love what you've done with the cages - i'd seen your previous videos. Bet your girls love it! How is your boar doing now? xx

Piggyologist

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
He's a brave boy, even Vedra said he's very active for his aching joints. Walking around the room now scent marking all the places he can smell girls :)

Status
Not open for further replies.