• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Typical...and poor Dash

CV26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's a running joke that we have a family curse...nothing serious but lots of things never seem to go as easily as they should.

On this occasion I'd finally found the perfect hay trays, and for the last couple of weeks my piggies have adored them. They're just gravel trays from the local garden centre, but they fill 1/3 of their cage, they're super easy to clean and Dash has even slept in his. I was happy and so were they, especially with their Hay Box hay in there too.

But Dash went back to the vets today. He's still sounding a bit snuffly. He's had 2 hefty rounds of antibiotics already. He's eating, drinking and playing as normal - in fact he's a lot more active than he was when he first arrived and he's put plenty of weight on, so apart from a bit of nasal noise he seems as right as rain. The vet had a good feel, listen, prod and poke...he's decided that rather than dosing yet more meds he wants to see if Dash has a sensitivity to hay dust first. I'm on strict instructions to call if he deteriorates though and we have a check up in a couple of weeks.

So out has gone the perfect hay tray and all his hay is now stuffed into loo tubes on a bobbly bath mat so he cant get a face full.

Spud still has his tray but I've moved it...previously the trays were both in the middle so they could eat side by side through their divider. Dash is currently doing zoomies around his new cage layout as he got an extra stick house as a trade so he doesn't seem to mind much yet. And of course I want a healthy piggy over the perfect hay tray - but typical!

Omg wow my baby name is dash too and having some nose problems going to see the vets on Saturday I’m thinking it could maybe be allergies to hay but I’m not sure

Mine lives up to his name. And his brother, Spud does a good impression on a potato so they both have fitting names :D

Hope your Dash is ok.

Mine lives up to his name. And his brother, Spud does a good impression on a potato so they both have fitting names :D

Hope your Dash is ok.
Thank you so much mines lives up to his name too lol he’s hard to catch and he literally scream when I catch him but then when he’s on me he’s the happiest guinea pig lolll when he was younger he used to run so fast always “doing the dash” hence why I named him dash🤣

I'm abig believer that animals (and hoomons) name them selfs, my son was going to be called Christopher all the way through pregnancy, when he was born l took one look at him and called him Timathy. And yes it is with an A.

Thank you guys juts went to the vett and He’s not sure whether it could be allergies or a uri since he’s actually gained weight and doesn’t have any other symptoms so he’s on another course of baytril (I think the name is) so we’ll see what happens he also recommends I switch from using fleece to a bedding called yesterday’s news

Back