• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Uh...okay Guys, I Get It!

Sonnet

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I volunteer at a donkey & horse sanctuary. Normally I can be found in the big barn, cleaning it out. Usually all the donkeys are turned out into the sand school before. There's a few who refuse to go out, but we just work around them.

These two are being kept in because Sky (brown donkey) has laminitis at the moment, and Paphos is bonded with him, so they're happier together.

They did make it rather hard for me to work this morning, however. Especially due to the faces Paphos was pulling...

WP_20180404_09_37_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20180404_09_37_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20180404_09_38_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20180404_09_54_12_Pro.jpg

Aww, donkeys are so adorable! I don't really know much about donkeys, is he doing his silly face for a reason @Sonnet ? Like he wants food or is he just being silly?

Well done to you for volunteering there!

Reading this reminded me of my volunteering days. Years ago I volunteered for a local RSPCA. I wanted to help with the guinea pigs and stuff, but as they didn't always have many I ended up helping with anything that wasn't a dog or cat. So, birds, rabbits, ferrets etc. I helped to clean out a pigs house. A real, huge, pink oinker! She was great!

Oh I love them :luv::luv:

Paphos is saying “Pucker up luv!” :))

Aw haha adorable! Forget duck lips, it's all about donkey lip in 2018 :lol!:

Yep!

Aww, donkeys are so adorable! I don't really know much about donkeys, is he doing his silly face for a reason @Sonnet ? Like he wants food or is he just being silly?

Well done to you for volunteering there!

Reading this reminded me of my volunteering days. Years ago I volunteered for a local RSPCA. I wanted to help with the guinea pigs and stuff, but as they didn't always have many I ended up helping with anything that wasn't a dog or cat. So, birds, rabbits, ferrets etc. I helped to clean out a pigs house. A real, huge, pink oinker! She was great!

@Jaycey - He’s pulling silly faces because he knows it’ll get him some fuss! Both he and Sky lost their mothers when they were very young, so Paphos doesn’t really know how to behave properly. They’re both pretty sweet, though Sky tends to be a little more timid than Paphos. And Paphos can be really clingy.

Aww, love pigs! Bet cleaning her house out was interesting!

Oh I love them :luv::luv:

Paphos is saying “Pucker up luv!” :))

Think he is, yes!

Fabulous! Such lovely animals

They are:nod:

That made me laugh. Show us your teeth!

Haha, yep!

Yep!

@Jaycey - He’s pulling silly faces because he knows it’ll get him some fuss! Both he and Sky lost their mothers when they were very young, so Paphos doesn’t really know how to behave properly. They’re both pretty sweet, though Sky tends to be a little more timid than Paphos. And Paphos can be really clingy.

Aww, love pigs! Bet cleaning her house out was interesting!

Think he is, yes!

They are:nod:

Haha, yep!
Oh that’s so sad to hear they lost their mum’s :(

Oh that’s so sad to hear they lost their mum’s :(

It is, but a lot of the donkeys there have suffered worse. One thing that gets me is how willing a lot of them are to trust people again.

Take Lottie, for example. She’s an ex-beach donkey, who came in really thin and depressed, and had recently had a foal (no idea what happened to it). She took a long time to bond with the other donkeys she was put in with, but if I went up to her in the field, and gave her a bit of attention, she’d immediately relax, even following me round for more fuss.

Then she turned out to be pregnant again (donkeys can hide signs of pregnancy for a while if they have to), and had Olly six months ago. He’s never known cruelty, and is turning into a cheeky little boy!

It is, but a lot of the donkeys there have suffered worse. One thing that gets me is how willing a lot of them are to trust people again.

Take Lottie, for example. She’s an ex-beach donkey, who came in really thin and depressed, and had recently had a foal (no idea what happened to it). She took a long time to bond with the other donkeys she was put in with, but if I went up to her in the field, and gave her a bit of attention, she’d immediately relax, even following me round for more fuss.

Then she turned out to be pregnant again (donkeys can hide signs of pregnancy for a while if they have to), and had Olly six months ago. He’s never known cruelty, and is turning into a cheeky little boy!
Oh bless her! :luv: it must be very rewarding doing this voluntary work. I love helping out with our local hedgehog rescue, gives me a warm glow every time :nod:

Oh bless her! :luv: it must be very rewarding doing this voluntary work. I love helping out with our local hedgehog rescue, gives me a warm glow every time :nod:

It is rewarding, yes!

Reactions: Tim
Back