• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Uk Hamster Owners - Fluffy/cotton Bedding Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesca_27

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

I just wanted to share a petition to ban fluffy/cotton bedding which has proved fatal to many small rodents from unaware owners. This stuff can be lethal in many ways. It truly is heartbreaking that such a well-known dangerous nesting material is still on sale. The petition link briefly explains some of the dangers with a link to another website which explains it in more detail.

Petition: We request the government ban the sale of cotton style rodent bedding in shops. Here is a link to the petition. Please sign it and help prevent thousands of deaths from this 'safe' bedding. Also, please share this with other hamster owners.

Poorly Robo *THE DANGERS OF FLUFFY BEDDING* - Hamster Central I would also like to share the story of a hamster who thankfully survived from this but it highlights some of the dangers.

Thank you

Signed. I hate the stuff and it drives me mad to still see it sold.

It is so frustrating that after thirty years it is STILL being sold ... so many complaints and if you look at reviews on amazon people say how bad it is and yet ...

I've signed but I'm wondering if a petition would be better aimed at the manufactors.
I've stopped someone buying this, in the range a mum & daughter were looking for some bits & pieces for a hamster, & I told them this stuff was lethal & just shred some t.paper. So that's one less customer.

Done. Thank you for sharing this. I absolutely hate the stuff. I went into Pets at Home today and was taking a look at their pet care leaflets and they said this type of bedding was extremely dangerous and shouldn't be used ever, but they still sell in it their stores :td:

I'll do it too. I lost my 6 month old Syrian, Honey through this stuff over 20 years ago. Was horrible finding him with his little mouth blocked with it :( xx

Hi

I just wanted to share a petition to ban fluffy/cotton bedding which has proved fatal to many small rodents from unaware owners. This stuff can be lethal in many ways. It truly is heartbreaking that such a well-known dangerous nesting material is still on sale. The petition link briefly explains some of the dangers with a link to another website which explains it in more detail.

Petition: We request the government ban the sale of cotton style rodent bedding in shops. Here is a link to the petition. Please sign it and help prevent thousands of deaths from this 'safe' bedding. Also, please share this with other hamster owners.

Poorly Robo *THE DANGERS OF FLUFFY BEDDING* - Hamster Central I would also like to share the story of a hamster who thankfully survived from this but it highlights some of the dangers.

Thank you
Signed it. X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back