Urgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Well its been officially announced regarding redundancies today and as of 31st March I will be unemployed :(

This is part of the reason of going to get my two girls a couple of weeks back. I miss having pets and the company etc and I suffer from depression so can't bear the thought of being stuck at home on my own all day with no job.

So I'm going to need to throw myself into things which probably means I'll be on a card and jewellery making spree from April onwards.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww I'm sorry to hear this :( I know when I didn't have a job for 10 months it really depressed me and even now with my job I'm still depressed.

amywithpiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's no fun :( I know how it is to be depressed so I can sympathise there. You should post a thread selling the things you make on here :) I love handmade jewellery :)
I hope things look better for you soon maybe this is a good thing as you might find a job you love

Sue G

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this, but I hope you'll get a decent redundancy package.

I'll look forward to seeing your cards, if you're planning to sell them.

Jacs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear your losing your job. I know what its like to have depression aswell so I can sympathise. My piggies have been a great comfort to me in times i have been depressed they kept me focussed on something positive and of course they give you so much back :)

Also look forward to seeing the cards and jewellary you make aswell.

CandyFloss

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your job - mine will probably be the same in about a years time as the govt are shutting us down. Try to stay positive and enjoy your card and jewellery making - it could be the start of a much more enjoyable career :)
x

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
oh no, sorry to hear this, but i agree with Claire W, its a new start for you thats all, chin up love xxxxx

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm trying to put a positive spin on it and I have been studying childcare since sept as I was worried about having nothing to fall back on. Will keep my eyes open for jobs and hopefully once the study is decorated I'll be into my crafting and share on here :)

Cat&ThePiggies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're being made redundant. Make sure you get everything you're entitled to and that they have done everything by the correct procedures. If they don't, contact ACAS and will be able to provide you with advice.

Treat this as a new start, an opportunity to do something you really want to do. Sometimes its things like this that give you the motivation you need to find a job you really want to do and will make you happier.

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
sorry to hear that:(

I have been away from paye employment now for a few months and my e bay business keeps me occupied without that I would be more depressed.

Have you thought of putting your stuff on folksy? a uk equivalent of etsy:))

http://www.folksy.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.