• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

URIFLOW for bladder stones - urgent request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tani

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As some of you maybe aware, my poor Pootle is suffering from bladder stones and after being put under 3 times in the last few weeks for tests and prodding and an operation to supposedly remove them (but having been left with the worse ones which involved another removal a week later!), she is poorly again.
The large ones that showed up on the X-ray after the first removal have moved down to her uretha and after they put her under last night to see if they could remove them and couldn't, I have to take her back in again this morning to see if anything else can be done.

She is eating well but is in pain when she goes to the toilet still and the vets are saying they might not be able to do anything more as she is high risk.

SO, I have read about people using uriflow on their piggies to disolve the stones and I'm asking if I can possible buy enough of you guys as an emergency as even if I order from the USA today, it might take weeks to arrive :(
It has been recommended I put her down but I can't bear it as I'm sure I can do more and she is such a strong little fighter and only 3 yrs old.

If anyone has any at all they can spare or that I can buy, I would appreciate it alot.

:(

arrr I'm so sorry hon, i went through this in the summer with pepper, he just couldnt get rid of them and i lost him in the end as his bladder filled and he couldnt empty it, i hope you find some of the stuff you are looking for, but please just keep a close eye that she is peeing all the time, because if it does block it will be extremely painful for her. I had no choice to let pepper go as i work full time and couldnt stand the thought of him suffering for a whole day if i was at work, and i figured he had been through enough, its so hard to think of him now without him squeaking as he did it for so long :(

I really hope you win your battle. x>>

I am so sorry to hear that your little piggie is struggling with stones. Having been through similar it is truly awful to see them in such pain.

I have some Uriflow, I can send you a couple of capsules which should last you well in time for your uriflow to arrive. PM me with your details.....

Wishing all the luck in the world for today.

I also forgot to add, I have a little guinea who went through the same and in the end we put her through a big op to remove the stones, in the vets words, we butchered her bladder!

She was not expected to survive and certainly not for long but my view was she would die anyway if left and she, like yours, was a huge fighter and really WANTED to be alive. She was 4. 18 months later she is so happy and healthy and just adores humans, its almost like she knew we worked hard to save her.

Not every guinea is up to it and only you can judge whats best for yours. Don't give up hope...keeping my fingers crossed for you.

thanks so much for your replies x>>

Thank you kindly for offering the uriflow - have sent you a pm xx

Pootle is now at the vets so they can have a second attempt at getting the stones out through the uretha. I also asked them to inject some local anaesthetic into the area whilst she is under so whe she does wake, the soreness will be numbed for at least a while!
I don't know why I never thought of it before!

Will post update when I get her back later.

xx

I had some Uriflow, but unfortunately it eventually went out of date. I use Eurologist tablets with Cassie, which you can buy online. Can find you the link if you can't find it and are interested.

I had some Uriflow, but unfortunately it eventually went out of date. I use Eurologist tablets with Cassie, which you can buy online. Can find you the link if you can't find it and are interested.

Hi! If you do have the link for this that would be great! Not having much luck so far with it or with the Shilatong! lol

Is it worth spending an extra £6 to buy the uriflow (£42 as opposed to £36.62) and getting a bottle of Calcium Citrate with it or opting for the cheaper company?
Would the CC do anything different than the Uriflow?
Want to buy it today so any advice would be appreciated!
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back