• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vegan recipes

LunaOreoPigz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, i recently became vegan and i was wondering where to ask fir vegan recipes so i decided on tgpf. Anyway, i need some recipes! Help!

Can anyone recommend any tasty vegetarian recipes?

Some tasty veggie & vegan recipes were suggested on this thread.

I often search online for recipes, including in the search terms the ingredients I want to use. I found a yummy creamy garlic mushroom pasta sauce that way, I'm probably going to cook that again on Monday.

We do lots of vegan cookery, you can adapt many recipes by just using pulses and root veg or squash instead of meat!
Vegan curries are easy, with lentils or chickpeas, and sweet potato or squash- I'm going to harvest some of the beetroot and carrots I've grown later today to make a curry!
Also vegan chilli is good, and we do stirfry meals with cashew nuts. And pasta meals of course, Wiebke has a great mushroom pasta recipe!

We do lots of vegan cookery, you can adapt many recipes by just using pulses and root veg or squash instead of meat!
Vegan curries are easy, with lentils or chickpeas, and sweet potato or squash- I'm going to harvest some of the beetroot and carrots I've grown later today to make a curry!
Also vegan chilli is good, and we do stirfry meals with cashew nuts. And pasta meals of course, Wiebke has a great mushroom pasta recipe!
Thank you! I might try a vegan stir fry and see how it goes

Carrot and lentil soup is nice. There's also a recipe for courgette and chickpea that I really like. I discovered it when I went vegan for a month some years ago. Let me look for it and put the link here for you.

ETA It's simple but nice. I used to have it with noodles.
Chickpea and Courgette Stir-Fry

Last edited:
The BBC Food section has some nice vegan recipes.
As @PigglePuggle said most recipes can be adapted with ingredients being swapped.
Some of the plant based meat substitutes are quite nice too if you wanted to do something like sausage in tomato sauce with pasta.
Hearty vegetable soups make a great meal in cooler weather, salads are vegan if you leave out cheese & eggs - or get the vegan substitute cheese.

Hi. I’ve been vegan for almost 10 years, what are some of your favourite meals you’d like to veganise?
I'm not sure, because most of my favourite meals involve meat at the core so I'm not sure really.

I'm not sure, because most of my favourite meals involve meat at the core so I'm not sure really.
Most meals can be replaced with a fake meat or plant protein source.
My go to meals are.. bangers and mash with Bisto gravy. Satay vegetable curry. Fried rice and stir fry’s. Baked potatoes with vegan cheese, beans and vegan sausages. Pad Thai. Macaroni ‘cheese’. Vegan schnitzels with a creamy spinach sauce.

Jackfruit is something that’s being used quite regularly as the meat replacement. I think my sister tasted it and said it was quite nice. Not the jackfruit I’m used to though! You can buy it canned in Tesco.

Back