Veganuary

Gem789

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I've always thought about going vegan. I've been vegetarian for about 12 years. There's so much cruelty in the dairy industry. I think I will at some point. I love cheese though and thats what I'd miss. I'm very fussy too, a vegetarian who doesn't like vegetables 😂. Well done you for trying it though x

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I am mostly vegan because I'm a dairy intolerant vegetarian! I do miss cheese, and occasionally eat a little goats cheese, but not often because it can trigger my IBS.
Piggy daddy did veganuary last year and would probably have stayed vegan except in the first lockdown the shops were running out of vegan milk alternatives, and my little nephew has such severe milk allergies he has to be completely dairy free... so piggy daddy went back to dairy so we could give all our almond milk to little allergy boy!
Its not too difficult nowadays being vegan, there are many surprisingly good vegan desserts- vegan cheesecake is actually nicer than dairy cheesecake! And lots of vegan readymeals and snacks. But the actual vegan cheese type substitutes are not quite like the proper stuff...

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
I will be doing it - after a few weeks of over indulgence at Christmas I always look forward to veganuary.

I am veggie 5 days a week while DH is away working, but when he comes home I do eat meat. DH loves to cook and food is his love language, so if he really wants to cook a specific dish that contains meat I will usually eat it.

Minipiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve been veggie for years, and tried veganism a few years ago. Unfortunately after about a year I was diagnosed with coeliac disease... it is possible to be a vegan coeliac, but it’s pretty limiting, so I’m back to being veggie. I actually prefer some vegan substitutes though. Hellman’s vegan mayonnaise is lovely, and oatly barista milk is really nice too!

Minipiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Anyone else going vegan? Or already vegan? I have been veggie for most of my adult life and for much of the time just eat plant based food. Chocolate is my biggest downfall tho.
Booja Booja chocolates are completely delicious. Expensive though! Bournville dark chocolate is vegan too I think.

Claire W

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I’ve been vegetarian for 28 years. I did try going vegan once but it made me very ill. I would love to be vegan one day though although my OH wouldn’t be happy

Pound Shilling & Pig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Booja Booja chocolates are completely delicious. Expensive though! Bournville dark chocolate is vegan too I think.
I will try that Booja Booja thank you. Milk chocolate is my favourite tho and once I start eating it I can't stop but also when I do stop after a few days I stop thinking about it and can happily go for months without any. I think I am an all of nothing sort of person lol
I’ve been veggie for years, and tried veganism a few years ago. Unfortunately after about a year I was diagnosed with coeliac disease... it is possible to be a vegan coeliac, but it’s pretty limiting, so I’m back to being veggie. I actually prefer some vegan substitutes though. Hellman’s vegan mayonnaise is lovely, and oatly barista milk is really nice too!
I can relate to that, I have a nut allergy so eating out is very limited. Mostly I do all my cooking from scratch and find that aiming for a healthy vegan diet, combining proteins, etc I eat a much wider variety of food.
The mayo I use is called Veganaise and is lovely too.
I've always thought about going vegan. I've been vegetarian for about 12 years. There's so much cruelty in the dairy industry. I think I will at some point. I love cheese though and thats what I'd miss. I'm very fussy too, a vegetarian who doesn't like vegetables 😂. Well done you for trying it though x
It's hard. After veganuary last year I kept going for a while but did eat some dairy products on a few occasions during the year, which I always regretted, then of course I also ate a lot of chocolate over christmas. I have found giving up eggs and egg products easier than dairy, I just think of all those male day old chicks that are destroyed because they have no commercial value.

Gem789

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I will try that Booja Booja thank you. Milk chocolate is my favourite tho and once I start eating it I can't stop but also when I do stop after a few days I stop thinking about it and can happily go for months without any. I think I am an all of nothing sort of person lol

I can relate to that, I have a nut allergy so eating out is very limited. Mostly I do all my cooking from scratch and find that aiming for a healthy vegan diet, combining proteins, etc I eat a much wider variety of food.
The mayo I use is called Veganaise and is lovely too.

It's hard. After veganuary last year I kept going for a while but did eat some dairy products on a few occasions during the year, which I always regretted, then of course I also ate a lot of chocolate over christmas. I have found giving up eggs and egg products easier than dairy, I just think of all those male day old chicks that are destroyed because they have no commercial value.
I know what you mean, I've seen some horrible videos 😔