Vegetarians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there, just wondering if anybody else was a vegetarian on the forum, i love being a vege, because i love animals basically!

Just wondering? xx

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am :) I've went veggie when I was 15 and vegan at 16. :) It's the best decision I ever made, I feel so healthy and happy about it :))

I was thinking though that I might get hens one day, when I have my own place and garden, and then I'll eat their eggs. :)

Guinea pigs <3

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm a veggie too, I am happy knowing that i'm not a part of the horrid meat industry :)

christine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm a veggie as was my mother .I am 69 yrs old my mum would have been 100 years old this year.

XbeccaX

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm a veggie :) I became one when I was 13 and am now 16 :)

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm vegan - will have been vegan 6 years this July, I went veggie at 6 - 38 now:)

RabbitFan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm vegetarian. I don't wear any leather/suede and I buy BUAV endorced products. I hate to think any animal has suffered for me but I suppose they have and still do :(

rainbowstarsx

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm vegetarian, and have been since I was 11. 19 now.

I adore animals and think it's terrible what the meat industry put them through :(

Reaction score
I want to be a vegetarian...Admittedly, I'm a real meat lover, but I want to stop it as I feel like a hypocrite; loving animals but eating them, sorta thing...

The crap thing is I'm not a fan of salads, in fact I hate them, so it makes the transition really hard. XD;

Argh...

<3~ xx

Reaction score
I want to be a vegetarian...Admittedly, I'm a real meat lover, but I want to stop it as I feel like a hypocrite; loving animals but eating them, sorta thing...

The crap thing is I'm not a fan of salads, in fact I hate them, so it makes the transition really hard. XD;

Argh...

<3~ xx

You can be veggie and not like salad! I've been vegetarian for over 10 years now and I still avoid salad like the plague :))

Reaction score
What sort of things do you eat? :D

All sorts of things :))

Since Friday I've had: Mixed roast veg (carrot, potatoes, parsnip, beetroot - trying to use stuff up); Roast butternut squash stuffed with courgette, peppers and feta cheese; mushroom & goat's cheese pasta; and vegetable stir-fry. Probably not the healthiest few days, but it tasted good :)
None of those are particularly hard to make either - neither myself or my OH have much in the way of culinary prowess...

Guinea pigs <3

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Veggie lasagna is one of my favs, so tasty! Oh and nut roast...oh and veggie enchiladas...! Try having a look in some veggie cook books, there really is so much you can eat. Or try out some quorn and that way you can just replace the meat in your meal with this :) I don't like it too much but I think it's more psychological because it looks like real meat!

Posiesparkles

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Been veggie since 8 - the turning point was feeding ducks and then being fed duck at a wedding reception! x

CiaraPatricia

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score

Argh...

<3~ xx

I love salads (interesting ones) but also eat loads of stir fries, casseroles, soups, curries, everything really only without meat :)

Maybe you could start by trying to buy more organic meat and then maybe trying to not eat meat somedays, and eat eggs instead, and try to cut back a little if you want to. :) Animals raised organically have much much better welfare, especially chickens and pigs, so it's a million times better : )

Status
Not open for further replies.