• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

very distressed about little girl been beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairelove

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
she only about 2yrs old and is on the child protection register along with her other 2 siblins one who is weeks old, the little girl has always got a black eye a massive one and my friend who is a police officer saw the mum smack the girl around her face on a bus last week, its the 5 time since september i have seen her at my sons school with a black eye, the mum picked the kids up early from school 2day after the talking from parents yesterday.

the school know whats going on and so does social services the father also beats the mum too...

why are they still with the parents when everyone knows and has seen what they are doing to their kids...the black eye is massive and over the snow weather i saw them in a push chair with no hat, gloves or cover they looked so cold and the little girl was crying.

really, really upsets me...

Last edited:
because social services dont seem to be really good. it can be there in black and white and still they do nothing!1

poor kids

i hate going around the school everyday and seeing this makes me want to flip out on the parents for doing this, i feel like i cant just sit back and watch them do this, what can i do? it feels like the baby P case everyone knew what was going on but did nothing until it was to late.

I had a neighbour who only fed her kid's stew or chip's she had twin's 3yr old 1yr old baby and 11 year old, babies breathe smelt like her bum should, the twin's were almost ferral they put them in the living room with a stair gate and that's pretty much where they lived if they came out (like they came round mine once) they opened every cupboard touched everything as if they hadn't seen it before they all had nit's never had a bath (i even went and bathed the twin's as they were petrified of the water and the mum said it was too much for her) they had mice then rat's which went down the whole street the mum stayed in bed all day i saw one twin hanging out the front window and i ran in her house shouting her and ran up the stair's to grab him and she didnt get out of bed she just shouted at her eldest as if it was her fault her house was always a mess mouldy and she spent all her money on fag's and drug's and i reported them every week nearly and shes still got them ive moved now but she was horrible to them, i did ask her if she thought it was normal how she bought her kids up, i was asked to leave lol

It must be really awful being in the situation you are, seeing what is happening but not being able to stop it. I don't know what i would do in your position, i know that i couldn't see it happening and just let it be. Child abuse is so wrong, i really don't know what to suggest, if social services already know about it. Why are they not doing anything to help?

It must be really awful being in the situation you are, seeing what is happening but not being able to stop it. I don't know what i would do in your position, i know that i couldn't see it happening and just let it be. Child abuse is so wrong, i really don't know what to suggest, if social services already know about it. Why are they not doing anything to help?

thats what i cant understand:{:{:{

social services are rubbish!but it could still be worth a call to them.some people really shouldnt have kids !

omg id find it very hard not to interfear,this is where the social is going wrong,i mean look at baby p,there was plenty of complaints etc regarding the mother and weeks later he was dead,that should have been a wake up call for them to look at cases further,

that poor little girl,no matter how many time and how bad kids play up,there is no need for that child to be given a black eye!thats totally out of order xx

I had a neighbour who only fed her kid's stew or chip's she had twin's 3yr old 1yr old baby and 11 year old, babies breathe smelt like her bum should, the twin's were almost ferral they put them in the living room with a stair gate and that's pretty much where they lived if they came out (like they came round mine once) they opened every cupboard touched everything as if they hadn't seen it before they all had nit's never had a bath (i even went and bathed the twin's as they were petrified of the water and the mum said it was too much for her) they had mice then rat's which went down the whole street the mum stayed in bed all day i saw one twin hanging out the front window and i ran in her house shouting her and ran up the stair's to grab him and she didnt get out of bed she just shouted at her eldest as if it was her fault her house was always a mess mouldy and she spent all her money on fag's and drug's and i reported them every week nearly and shes still got them ive moved now but she was horrible to them, i did ask her if she thought it was normal how she bought her kids up, i was asked to leave lol

thats absolutely disgusting,people like that shouldnt be allowed to have children!

I've had concerns about a neighbours children, I rang the NSPCC. Nothing happened that I know of. I rang local social services who told me to ring the police whenever there was an incident and they would attend and then it would be passed to social services. I even rang the local police (hopefully at a quiet time) just to check that it would be something they would deal with and they were really nice and told me to contact them if there was any child-related problem. They HAVE to come out and then there is a police record about the family.

Nothing is ever as black and white as it seems. Do you know the evidence social work have in place before they can remove a child? They have measures they have to put in place before they can take a child into care unless it's an emergency.

Report it anonymously and hope for the best. I know it's crap, I want to take about 10 kids home from work every day but don't blame the social workers. They're overworked and have a ridiculous amount of government red tape they have to adhere to.

The gorvernment needs to put more money into the social services and lift alot of the red tape surrounding cases:(

It's discusting how some parents treat their children, the trouble is the social services only seem to act when it is too late like alot of the poor children that have died at the hands of these monstersgrrrr

Claire,there is a number you can ring to lodge a concern.It's to First Response,we ring it if we have concerns about children.I have it at the office,let me know if you want it I will get it for you.You can also do it annonymously.

aw I'm so sorry you have to see that knowing full well what is happening, poor little love.

I just wanted to tell you a similar tale with a happy ending i dont know why but it just came to me.

My best friend from infant school was a Jehovas Witness or at least her family were and she was never allowed to celebrate christmas, and although we had the same birthday she was never allowed to celebrate that either. She was never allowed to play out on a Sunday....ever. Her mum kept her in a house that wasnt fit for pigs to live in never mind her and her baby sister who she looked after like she was her own from the day she was born.

My friend (when she was allowed to) used to spend as much time as possible at my house because my mum and i loved her to bits. Her mum was awful, she used to have men round every night, drunk and staying over, more often that not it was a group of men as they were into the Hells Angels scene.

Her mum used to beat her and basically dress her in whatever was left ie rags and more often than not filthy rags. At school sometimes my friend smelt. I do not think i ever saw her eat a thing at home, having said that i doubt she would have wanted to.

When we left high school at 16 my friend and i went our seperate ways, she went to a college and i started full time work and we lost touch. Although i did know shed had a baby as i saw her once.

Then, just before our 40th birthdays last July, we got in touch via Facebook and have since met up twice and talk and text all the time, many a night i spend talking to her like she is my long lost friend. I am so happy to have her back.

She has turned out to be the nicest person i ever met in my life and she is so kind, caring and considerate. She is very happily married to a lovely fella, and has three beautiful children. Her hubby and kids all absolutely adore her to bits and i am so proud of her for not giving up on everything and going on to make such a special life for herself.

She has had a terrible childhood, went through anorexia, depression and i think self harming although she hasnt actually told me that so i dont know for sure. She was bullied at school although i never knew this at the time, she just told me recently.She has never let it beat her, she is just the bees knees.

So, the moral of the story is, even though we cant do anything now, in the future these poor souls can and do end up with a happy life because these horrible nasty pathetic bullies can not control their lives for ever.

I hope this little girl that you are worried about makes it too love x>>

Nothing is ever as black and white as it seems. Do you know the evidence social work have in place before they can remove a child? They have measures they have to put in place before they can take a child into care unless it's an emergency.

Report it anonymously and hope for the best. I know it's crap, I want to take about 10 kids home from work every day but don't blame the social workers. They're overworked and have a ridiculous amount of government red tape they have to adhere to.

Exactly! The Government can't just go sweeping in and take children away from their families - no matter what appears to be going on! There is so much background work that has to go on - that would be the ultimate last thing that they would/could do. And where would all the children go, if every single one was removed? Who would look after them? There is already a lack of care homes/foster homes. The last thing that anyone wants to do as well is to split a family up - Social Work try their best to work with the families to sort everything out so that children are kept with their families and are well looked after. It's distressing for children as well (even if they are being abused etc) to be taken away from their family.

And with Government cut backs happening - there will be even less Social Workers to help out (and they already overstretched).

It is a shame, and very hard to see. But as others have said social work has to go through all the motions and collect all the evidence before the kids would be taken into care, and that is the last resort.

All you can do is to continue to report any concerns.

Ok I'm studying childcare at college at the moment and its scary the things that happen. Social Services and child protection is still relatively new in the UK (started in 1980's) and was supposed to be so there was a central file and health visitors/social workers and doctors could make sure the child was being seen by someone and not always given an excuse (such as s/he's been up all night and I've only just got them to sleep). Theorectically it should work well but for some reason doesn't.

Also it often looks like nothing is being done because it does actually take a while to build a strong enough case against the abuser(s). If you think about it the victim cannot stand in court (often cos they are too young to string a sentence together) and explain whats been happening and basically if the father says the mothers doing it and the mother says the fathers doing it and nobody has evidence to prove who has then they both get off scott free. Don't despair too much I know its not nice but there will be someone at the school who is responsible for liasing with social services and there will be a lot of investigating going on behind the scenes in private to ensure that any abuser gets prosecuted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back