• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Very overwhelmed

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Just a vent I guess,everything is going wrong and piling up and it’s having a really heavy effect on me. I’m in the US via ESTA and I’m allowed to be here until the 30th of may. I had a flight booked on the 29th of April and my planes kept getting cancelled so I cancelled and asked for a refund and decided to stay a month longer which is fine, you’re allowed a further 30 days in extreme circumstance which I assume coronavirus comes under, only the offices where i would need to apply for that are closed due to coronavirus, very worried I’ll still be here without being able to go home with consequences through something I can’t control :( there are other things but this is mainly what’s troubling me, a very very scary situation

What is ETSA?
Are you with family or friends over there? I would contact the foreign office or embassy for advice.
I would think if anything countries are going to relax a little they know people are at mercy of planes etc at moment.
Is there any way you could come home now?

What is ETSA?
Are you with family or friends over there? I would contact the foreign office or embassy for advice.
I would think if anything countries are going to relax a little they know people are at mercy of planes etc at moment.
Is there any way you could come home now?

ESTA is an electronic waiver attached to the passport once you’ve been accepted for it which grants you access for just visiting. I’m with my fiancé and unfortunately can’t come home now :( there are travel bans as far as I know, I will try the embassy if I can find a number, it’s like where’s wally trying to find a correct number for these places

Whereabouts are you in the USA as each one covers a few states (e.g. New York consulate covers New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and part of Connecticut)?

Coverage areas for reference (hope this helps x):

British Embassy Washington: District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia
British Consulate San Francisco: Northern California, Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington and Wyoming
British Consulate New York: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Fairfield County in Connecticut
British Consulate Miami: Florida, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
British Consulate Los Angeles: Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, Hawaii, Utah, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa
British Consulate Houston: Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma
British Consulate Chicago: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
British Consulate Boston: Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, and Connecticut (except Fairfield County)
British Consulate Atlanta: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee

I'm sorry you're in that situation @Rivervixen. Hopefully you'll sort it out soon.

This is what we were thankful for, that we went home from America last week before all this travel ban blew up. I do hope you have a travel insurance. Hospitalisation in America is sooooo expensive. Not that I'm saying you'd be hospitalised, just a must thing to have.

I'm sorry you're in that situation @Rivervixen. Hopefully you'll sort it out soon.

This is what we were thankful for, that we went home from America last week before all this travel ban blew up. I do hope you have a travel insurance. Hospitalisation in America is sooooo expensive. Not that I'm saying you'd be hospitalised, just a must thing to have.

I don’t have insurance unfortunately, when I came out here the coronavirus wasn’t a big thing yet :( just hoping and keeping myself safe. Very glad you got home in time hun, keep yourself safe too

I don’t have insurance unfortunately, when I came out here the coronavirus wasn’t a big thing yet :( just hoping and keeping myself safe. Very glad you got home in time hun, keep yourself safe too
Take care of yourself there. Our holiday to Canada in June is cancelled as well since they closed their borders. We haven't cancelled it yet coz hubby is not sure if we want a refund (£300+ only out of £900+ we paid for tickets) or rebook it (dates only till end of this year). 👎 Hubby is hoping conditions for those 2 options would change by May before he can decide what to do.

Take care of yourself there. Our holiday to Canada in June is cancelled as well since they closed their borders. We haven't cancelled it yet coz hubby is not sure if we want a refund (£300+ only out of £900+ we paid for tickets) or rebook it (dates only till end of this year). 👎 Hubby is hoping conditions for those 2 options would change by May before he can decide what to do.

I hope the conditions change too, hope you can still go to Canada somehow. For my cancelled flight I got £133 in airline credit which isnt great but better than nothing I guess

Back