I took snuffles, who is three, to the vets last week as she was clearly in pain when she went to the toilet, lots of squeaks eveytime she had a wee :-\. My vet said it was cystitis, gave her an injection and prescribed baytril for seven days. However, the day she finished the course, I noticed blood in the hutch. I took her straight back to the vets, and a different vet examined her, tested her wee, and said there was alot of blood and protein in it. He also said there was alot of swelling in her bladder. He has basically said he thinks she has a tumour in her womb, which would not show up in xray, the only way to be sure would be to operate, and have a look. He said there was another possibility, that it could be a serious infection inside her, which could be cured by having her spayed, but once again the only way to know for sure is to operate and have a look. He said I should know that chances of survival of this sort of operation are slim in small animals, that even the anaesthetic alone can be alot for them to take. He said it would be very expensive, and there would not be a great chance of success of removal and/or survival if it was a tumour. So basically, he has given me some different antibiotics to give her for four days, and then I have to take her back to the vets and I need to decide what to do, if she has shown no improvement. This morning there is loads of blood, much more than yesterday. She is still full of character, and has a big appetite, but is clearly in pain. I feel so horrible not being able to help her. Have any of you had anything similar happen? I just dont know what the future holds for snuffles. Any advice would be really appreciated.