Vet Bedding by Soul Destiny?

Lxxra

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to post this thread to a) share this recent found while looking to upgrade our piggies cages and make cleaning easier for us, and b) ask for your experience/feedback on these fleece liners/vet bedding by Soul Destiny here:

Grey Traditional vet bedding, 51cm x 51cm to 10m rolls Dog bedding 3m,5m,10m rolls. All sizes Cut to order.

Has anyone ever ordered from them and used these vet beds for their guinea pig cages? This seems to replace puppy pads + regular fleece into one layer, says it's easy to wash and keeps the top part dry. They seem to be a relatively new company, so before trying out we wanted to see if anyone has any experience and what they think.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

With regards,
Laura

Swissgreys

Staff member
Reaction score
I know of a few members who have used vet bed for their piggy cages.
@VickiA is the only one who springs to mind wright now though.

I have used it, but not for the whole cage as I find a full size piece would never fit in my washing machine - it is a lot bulkier than fleece liners!
I haven't used this particular supplier - I got mine from Ebay, but it was the same stuff. It's worth looking around to make sure you get the best price.

I find it's better in smaller pieces - in houses or maybe places where older piggies sleep a lot.
It is lovely and some of my piggies love their vet bed, but it is impossible to get hay off, and as I say I can't imagine trying to wash a whole liner of the stuff. For me a combination of vet bed pieces on a fleece liner works well though.

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
I do use something similar but it’s VetFleece rather than VetBed. I researched for ages and finally decided on VetFleece after a number of recommendations. I think what swung it was that it was softer and easier to get into the machine than VetBed.

whatever you decide, do look at the thickness and quality as they vary tremendously. And don’t go for the stuff with non slip backing as that retains the pee.

I got mine from Amazon. It’s better value to buy a larger piece on a roll and cut it down to size rather than buying it in pre cut sizes.

And I agree that it’s easier to have smaller pieces in high traffic areas than having one big floor covering.

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I think we have the soul destiny one and I love it 😍 it's lovely and thick and the green back wicks really well and stays very dry 😍 I can't remember for sure but I think it's this one. We got a big roll and cut it into pieces as I had two 8ft by 3ft cages to cover 😂 we got it from ebay I think 🤔 xx

Lanie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have used both vetbed types green back one and the non slip one both are equally good however I have now swapped to fleece liners due to the maintenance of the vetbed. Vetbed has excellent drainage however everything and I mean everything sticks to it. Vetbed needs brushing after washing and when it’s dry so it’s fluffy again which if you have a big cage I have a 2 by 6 C&C cage is back breaking work. I also found it really difficult to clean so after a year I changed to ready made fleece liners and they are so much easier to maintain I just now sweep poops, hair and hair off with a rubber brush and put straight in the wash and they come up brand new I also find with fleece liners I can go a full week without doing a full cage clean I have 2 boars where vetbed needed changed twice weekly as it stinks with all bedding it’s trial and error to find the right setup which works for you.

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
We have bought the grey vet bed from Soul Destiny and it’s brilliant! We bought a piece and cut it into the sizes we wanted, that must have been two years ago now and it’s as good as new! I would highly recommend. We use it just for the bed area

Lxxra

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have used both vetbed types green back one and the non slip one both are equally good however I have now swapped to fleece liners due to the maintenance of the vetbed. Vetbed has excellent drainage however everything and I mean everything sticks to it. Vetbed needs brushing after washing and when it’s dry so it’s fluffy again which if you have a big cage I have a 2 by 6 C&C cage is back breaking work. I also found it really difficult to clean so after a year I changed to ready made fleece liners and they are so much easier to maintain I just now sweep poops, hair and hair off with a rubber brush and put straight in the wash and they come up brand new I also find with fleece liners I can go a full week without doing a full cage clean I have 2 boars where vetbed needed changed twice weekly as it stinks with all bedding it’s trial and error to find the right setup which works for you.
Thank you for your reply! We have three 5x2 C&C cages, so finding the most time-saving (cleaning-wise) and cozy bedding for our four guineas is a priority! This is definitely making me re-think vetbedding. We use fleece liners sown by our friend (150x200 fleece blanket folded in two & cut) plus two end pieces (70x50cm) from pet fleece blankets on each end for every cage. They work great for the two adult boars (they're much neater!) but the wee ones are putting the pig in guinea pig for sure! :D Where did you get your ready-made fleece liners from? We're also looking to expand their cage to a 6x2. Do they come in one piece? Thank you in advance! 😊

Lxxra

New Born Pup
Reaction score
We have bought the grey vet bed from Soul Destiny and it’s brilliant! We bought a piece and cut it into the sizes we wanted, that must have been two years ago now and it’s as good as new! I would highly recommend. We use it just for the bed area
Hi, and thanks for your feedback. Lanie mentioned everything gets stuck to them, such as hay. Do you find it difficult to clean it? We're looking for an option where it is the cage of shake&wash, basically :D Cheers!

Emx93

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I brush off the vetbed and then throw in the wash :) shaking probably wouldn't be enough but I find it easier than fleece because it's bulkier so easier to grab while I brush plus it stays dryer a lot longer I was having to full change fleece every day now I only do a full change every 2-3 days (poo pick and change hay areas twice a day) but to be honest it could probably go longer than that I have two groups of 3 and they're all 2 and under so they're very active and trash the cage quickly, it's never really wet after 3 days as it wicks to the puppy pads below I'm just in a routine lol 😂 xx

Lanie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I get my cage liners from Etsy there are lots of sellers on there. The liners are all custom made to order so you can get size / shape you want.