• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vet trip during a lockdown, with no pet!

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2022/23
Reaction score
Had a fun day! Little moan! :))
Rosie the 13yr old cat started showing signs of a UTI Tuesday night, in and out of the litter tray with not much coming out! Was hoping she’d improve as has had bladder problems on and off for years and know her well, happens on the odd day if she’s stressed but no, went about 15times in 5 hours so phoned my local vet.
Waited hours for a phone call back from the vet but it was the vet nurse I’d spoken to in the morning saying the vet wanted to speak to me about it but I need to ring reception and pay £25 and book a phone appt (they’re only seeing very urgent/emergencies).
So did that and vet called, agreed it’s most likely stress as has been for years with her (she has many years of notes!) and said she’ll prescribe some bladder capsules and antibiotics, I also asked for metacam just in case. Get told I then need to phone reception again and pay for meds and they’ll be ready after 5.30, did that and went up to collect them. Had to phone reception to tell them I was there while standing in the car park as I obviously don’t drive, then a window opens and I get passed the meds, thanks bye etc.
So £89.70 later and no checking of Rosie (who was on the bed snoozing!), no jabs that she’s due soon and I’m at home dreading giving her 4 tablets a day for the next two weeks and one for another week after that! That was fun! :xd:

Had a fun day! Little moan! :))
Rosie the 13yr old cat started showing signs of a UTI Tuesday night, in and out of the litter tray with not much coming out! Was hoping she’d improve as has had bladder problems on and off for years and know her well, happens on the odd day if she’s stressed but no, went about 15times in 5 hours so phoned my local vet.
Waited hours for a phone call back from the vet but it was the vet nurse I’d spoken to in the morning saying the vet wanted to speak to me about it but I need to ring reception and pay £25 and book a phone appt (they’re only seeing very urgent/emergencies).
So did that and vet called, agreed it’s most likely stress as has been for years with her (she has many years of notes!) and said she’ll prescribe some bladder capsules and antibiotics, I also asked for metacam just in case. Get told I then need to phone reception again and pay for meds and they’ll be ready after 5.30, did that and went up to collect them. Had to phone reception to tell them I was there while standing in the car park as I obviously don’t drive, then a window opens and I get passed the meds, thanks bye etc.
So £89.70 later and no checking of Rosie (who was on the bed snoozing!), no jabs that she’s due soon and I’m at home dreading giving her 4 tablets a day for the next two weeks and one for another week after that! That was fun! :xd:
what jabs is due soon? Her vaccines? Sadly vets can't give these at the moment but they last for 15 months anyway so she should be fine. Hope the tableting goes well. I am lucky, my old man is sooo good with his, just as well as he is on 3 a day for life😸

what jabs is due soon? Her vaccines? Sadly vets can't give these at the moment but they last for 15 months anyway so she should be fine. Hope the tableting goes well. I am lucky, my old man is sooo good with his, just as well as he is on 3 a day for life😸
Yes her vaccines are next month, I already knew she couldn’t have them as I’ve been getting emails and checking their website, her and her sis are indoor cats anyway so should be ok! Aah bless him, that’s a lot to give!
Rosie’s got flea allergy dermatitis as well as the bladder issues so she’s pretty good with tablets too, just not really needed that many for a few years now (as not outside being harassed by my horrible hoarder neighbours cats!). So four will be spread throughout the day and she should be fine. If it was her sister I’d be at the hospital on the second day with a missing finger! :))

Oh yes completely forgot, didn’t realise they now have this on the cat metacam bottle? Haven’t had cat one for a while! Will definitely be a fight for the dog one again next time it’s needed at my house!
D897D89A-D6FF-436C-9A28-D5FBD83AFEAE.jpeg

Yes her vaccines are next month, I already knew she couldn’t have them as I’ve been getting emails and checking their website, her and her sis are indoor cats anyway so should be ok! Aah bless him, that’s a lot to give!
Rosie’s got flea allergy dermatitis as well as the bladder issues so she’s pretty good with tablets too, just not really needed that many for a few years now (as not outside being harassed by my horrible hoarder neighbours cats!). So four will be spread throughout the day and she should be fine. If it was her sister I’d be at the hospital on the second day with a missing finger! :))
He has one tablet twice a day for his hypothyroidism and another tablet once a day that covers both his kidney failure and heart failure. Bless him, everything is waring out.

Hope Rosie feels better soon

He has one tablet twice a day for his hypothyroidism and another tablet once a day that covers both his kidney failure and heart failure. Bless him, everything is waring out.

Hope Rosie feels better soon
Thank you 🙂Poor lad, sounds like a fighter! Rosie and Daisy’s brother had a heart condition (my mum’s cat), sounds like he’s doing amazingly with all he’s dealing with :love:
I was told by a couple of vets years ago that Rosie ‘probably wouldn’t live as long as a normal cat’ as she’s had so many steroids and meds throughout her life, 14 in August and you wouldn’t think it! She’s had 2 tablets and very well behaved so far anyway🙂
4264668E-8B3E-4A0A-B0C2-3765ADF4ED57.jpegFB50FCF4-C010-4539-A28E-41A7F0A9DD47.jpeg
Angel poses there! 😇

Healing vibes! I'm absolutely dreading if anyone needs a vet during lockdown 😱😱 I've instructed all of them to blooming stay healthy! 💖

Healing vibes! I'm absolutely dreading if anyone needs a vet during lockdown 😱😱 I've instructed all of them to blooming stay healthy! 💖
Thanks :) Think I spent so long drilling it into the pigs I forgot the oldest one that’s caused the most trouble over the years needed a blooming good talking to as well!:roll:

I hope Rosie gets better soon.i gave katie two worming tablets last night ,ive some lovely scratches to show for it !you have two beautiful cats.:hug:
Oh no naughty Katie! :gd: Looks so cute and innocent but that’s how they fool you! :))Hope you heal ok, Daisy’s good at that too, have to sit on her or turns feral!:)) Thanks, she’s got a dodgy tummy from last night’s meds and back and forth to the litter tray all morning with a few cries but hopefully she’ll be ok in a few days 🤞Aah thank you, I love my gorgeous girlies xx

Thanks @piggieminder :) Think it’s been one of those weeks! x

Thank you 🙂Poor lad, sounds like a fighter! Rosie and Daisy’s brother had a heart condition (my mum’s cat), sounds like he’s doing amazingly with all he’s dealing with :love:
I was told by a couple of vets years ago that Rosie ‘probably wouldn’t live as long as a normal cat’ as she’s had so many steroids and meds throughout her life, 14 in August and you wouldn’t think it! She’s had 2 tablets and very well behaved so far anyway🙂
View attachment 136738View attachment 136739
Angel poses there! 😇
Thank you. He is doing amazingly. Last autumn he took a turn for the worst and had to spend a day on a drip. The vet was expecting his kidneys had crashed but bloods showed his liver was the problem, all his liver values were crazy bad. Vet said it was very doubtful he would reach christmas, let alone his birthday in April when he will be 18. Really I could lose him at anytime so every day with him is a blessing 😻

Get well soon little Rosie.
They certainly know when to choose their moments.
Our elderly cat had similar problems and always when it was most inconvenient.
Sending hugs and healing vibes.xx

Back