• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Vet trip during a lockdown, with no pet!

Thanks a lot @rhymer. Yes they’re so good at this timing! xx

She’s unfortunately acting very uncomfortable now, howling when trying to go for ages and can’t get comfortable when laying down wriggling around ☹️And in good old Rosie style, over grooming her tummy which is lacking in fur after doing it for years, a bit stressed ☹️She’s had metacam so hopefully it’ll kick in soon.

Thank you. He is doing amazingly. Last autumn he took a turn for the worst and had to spend a day on a drip. The vet was expecting his kidneys had crashed but bloods showed his liver was the problem, all his liver values were crazy bad. Vet said it was very doubtful he would reach christmas, let alone his birthday in April when he will be 18. Really I could lose him at anytime so every day with him is a blessing 😻
Aah poor little man, what a nightmare for you both. Brilliant he made it to Christmas and beyond though, hope he can have a lovely birthday and spend a lot more time with you. What a great age he is. Any pics of your brave boy? :love:x

Thanks a lot @rhymer. Yes they’re so good at this timing! xx

She’s unfortunately acting very uncomfortable now, howling when trying to go for ages and can’t get comfortable when laying down wriggling around ☹And in good old Rosie style, over grooming her tummy which is lacking in fur after doing it for years, a bit stressed ☹She’s had metacam so hopefully it’ll kick in soon.

Aah poor little man, what a nightmare for you both. Brilliant he made it to Christmas and beyond though, hope he can have a lovely birthday and spend a lot more time with you. What a great age he is. Any pics of your brave boy? :love:x
Thank you. I will see what I can do about pictures. I don't have a smart phone and this tablet is just an Amazon fire so photo quality is really poor. I will turn on my ancient pc later and post some from that. Also, one day I will fully embrace the21st century 😸😸

Hope Rosie feels better after her Metacam x
Thank you, yeah she’s acting a bit happier now cheers, can see still she’s sore because of the big pupils though, not like her usual self bless her. She’s 5kg and vets said to give dose for a 4.5kg cat because of all the meds and not overdosing her etc. Wondering if 5kg dose would be better!
DBAD4863-CCE5-42C0-85DA-660353E13CEF.jpeg
She looks like such a funny pixie cat with those ears sometimes!

Poor Rosie :( Breaking my heart atm!
Lots of crying/howling when she goes to the loo but just had a pee that’s full of blood:( First time that’s happened so far. Along with a bit of sloppy poo (she’s doing these every time she goes, guessing because she’s straining) although I’ve had huge ones she’s leaving overnight for me on the kitchen floor!:vom: Along with the occasional pile of sick after she’s eaten, most likely all the meds giving her a dodgy tum:(

I’m not sure if there’s anything I can give her to help. Not like a piggy with probiotics!
She’s currently on 2xClavaseptin (62.5mg) antibiotic a day, along with 2xVetpro Health Urinary Tract Function capsules (she’s not had these before, normally cystease or cystophan) and Metacam once a day.
She’s obviously had this issue in the past but she’s older now so feel for her bless her. Oh Posie Pie :doh::(

I am so sorry she is not improving quickly 😾 does she drink much? If you can get her to drink more that should help a little. Try putting bowls of water in different places around the house. My cat seems pleased when he comes across unexpected water and usually has a little sip. Also cats prefer not to have their water bowl next to their food bowl or in the same room as their litter tray.

Thanks for your reply :)
Yes she drinks much more than her sister as prefers her dry food really, although I tried getting her onto a wetter diet (has one wet meal a day atm if she’s in the mood) with cats and their kidneys etc. I’ll put a few more down thanks, she’s got a couple but tbh spent most of yest sleeping and not fussed with much, as she’s done today so far! Normally all over me (as my stalker cat) but can tell she’s not happy. I hoped I’d got the meds just in time before she got to this stage but obviously not! She’s due metacam at around 9pm, hopefully that’ll help a bit.
Don’t particularly want to syringe water but may try if she’s acting more uncomfortable and not at the water bowl.
Hope your lad’s ok x

Thank you @Pound Shilling & Pig :)
Yeah I’d definitely prefer not to force more things into her when she’s already funny (at both ends) and unhappy! Hope these antibiotics will kick in v soon. I might order some cystease/cystophan that she’s had before in case that’s the issue but can’t see them getting here quickly at the minute! x

I got cystease on ebay @alpacasqueak the smaller sellers use Royal Mail and that's been delivering quicker than usual as they are so quiet. Some of the bigger on line companies seem to have closed. If you get a problem PM me your address - I've got an unopened bottle.

Thanks @Bill & Ted x She’s so quiet it’s scary! Even tried for a nap a little while ago and she didn’t jump on me for cuddles! Not like my usual Rose :( Fingers crossed x

Thanks @VickiA :hug:Hoping no sudden emergencies with her age and cat kidneys:( Haven’t seen her sleep this much since she was a kitten, a bit scary! x
I got cystease on ebay @alpacasqueak the smaller sellers use Royal Mail and that's been delivering quicker than usual as they are so quiet. Some of the bigger on line companies seem to have closed. If you get a problem PM me your address - I've got an unopened bottle.
That’s good to know, thank you. I’ll get on and order some now! And thanks for your lovely offer as always! You’re far too lovely to me!:))
I used to have loads in the house with her and Rupert being on them but as I lost him and she’s been so well for a couple of years since being indoors I hadn’t replaced my emergency stash. So stupid of me :doh:

Oh bless her, if you want to get more liquid into her, it might be worth trying some boiled water with a little Bovril, Marmite or Oxo dissolved in it & cooled?

When I was small our first cat had cat flu & was really poorly, the only thing she would take for a few days was a spot of Bovril on our fingers & dipped in water, gradually guiding her closer to the Bovril tainted saucer of water so she eventually drank from it herself.

It might be worth a try? I think the slight beefy, saltiness encouraged her to drink.
She was only a kitten/juvenile at the time & left us at 14yrs :wub:

Good luck & healing vibes being sent your way :luv:
Xx

Thanks @GPTV :) Definitely worth a try, her poo’s that foul atm if she getting some fluid in I’m happy! She’s an absolute Marmite fiend :)):DCats seem to love it!
Aah your poor little pussy cat, great age and sure had a lot of fun at your house! x
Rosie’s (and Daisy my other cat) mum was found dumped, had four babies with odd tastes for food but gorgeous and take hilarious pics! Boys have gone over RB but ladies still going
F6503A3E-05C3-4AFA-9154-6B8F7E612556.jpeg
Stinky :D Yes that’s really the name they gave the poor girl! My mum is useless with pet names! Thank god I’m just Rebecca!

Thanks a lot @GPTV xx I’m gonna give it a go, normally fed at 4pm and realised she hasn’t actually moved since when she had the pee, very odd!

Little edit-My phone screen’s broken so taking me a while to read and reply atm! Should be fixed on Tuesday! Hard work turning phone upside down and in different directions! :doh:So apologies for spelling mistakes!:))

Back