Vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kara02

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was wondering how often I should take my piggie to the vets? I've got a dog too and he goes for 6 month checkups but I'm unsure at how often I should take my piggie if at all.

Tiamolly123

Forum Donator 2017/18
Reaction score
I would say only when they are unwell, or symptoms that things aren't right. You'll know when it's time

D

DM030819

I usually take a pig to the vet as soon as I get them for a wellness check and then only when needed.

But, on occasion I take them more regularly just for a piggy MOT. My most recent piggy, Podrick, hates the vet. I found that out when I first got him and took him to be registered and have a general check.

So, I would feel so bad for him if he was ill, had to have an operation or stay over at the vet and still be terrifed. So, I take him every 6 months or so just for a check. I have another pig who goes regularly for a health issue so I take him along with him.

He's still not a fan of the vet but he's getting a bit more comfortable being in his carry box and in the car.

kara02

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I usually take a pig to the vet as soon as I get them for a wellness check and then only when needed.

But, on occasion I take them more regularly just for a piggy MOT. My most recent piggy, Podrick, hates the vet. I found that out when I first got him and took him to be registered and have a general check.

So, I would feel so bad for him if he was ill, had to have an operation or stay over at the vet and still be terrifed. So, I take him every 6 months or so just for a check. I have another pig who goes regularly for a health issue so I take him along with him.

He's still not a fan of the vet but he's getting a bit more comfortable being in his carry box and in the car.
Okay thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.