• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Vicar got blood clots from AZ vaccine - and says he'd still have it again.

Good on him, and glad he recovered! The risk is really very small, it's only showing up due to the huge number of vaccines given in a short space of time... the contraceptive pill causes about 10x more blood clots than the Astra-Zeneca vaccine does and that is still considered an acceptably small risk...

Good on him, and glad he recovered! The risk is really very small, it's only showing up due to the huge number of vaccines given in a short space of time... the contraceptive pill causes about 10x more blood clots than the Astra-Zeneca vaccine does and that is still considered an acceptably small risk...

only semi-related but I wasn't actually allowed the contraceptive pill because I had too many risk factors where blood clots were concerned. I kind of find it funny because I still got the AZ vaccine and was ready for a fight if they told me I had to get Pfizer or something for my second dose instead. :)) No keeping my vaccine from me!

I had quite a severe reaction to AZ and felt ill for 5 weeks with every side effect listed except the blood clot. I am an awkward person though, I react to everything. The only anti biotic I don't come out in hives with is Penecillin - the one a lot of other people can't take! I'm eagerly awaiting my 2nd dose (should be next week). My partner thinks I'm mad wanting the second dose, he won't have it at all after seeing what happened to me. That's up to him but the virus is far worse than the vaccine in most cases. A friend of mine had the virus early on last year and she's still very fatigued, she says it has aged her 20 years.

I was lucky in getting pfeizer but my friend who is 40 yrs old had AZ, took 3 days of severe headaches and then woke up in the night with the left side of her body paralysed. Very fortunately, all feeling returned next morning and she is ok now.

They said to call 999 if that happens again. She needs a second dose; maybe they will give her something else.

My 28yr old daughter has long covid which has affected her kidneys and she is desperate to get her vaccine as she has heard it can help long covid. She is breathless, exhausted and house bound but getting a little better each day. I havent seen her since december 2019 due to restrictions but hope to see her soon in july.

And someone i know living in the next street to me, mid 50s healthy, slim, active, she took covid at christmas which turned to long covid and that led to a stroke. She took covid before the vaccines came so she could very well have been one of the ones badly affected by the vaccine as they do say the vaccine seems to cause clots more often in folk prone to clots anyway - and, for her, it seems it's the covid that has caused the clot leading to her stroke.

She is the worst affected person i know personally, had to stop work and claim disability payments as she is a single parent. She is back home but very disabled.

I think there are signs to look out for after having the jag that alert you of the need for urgent medical attention - severe headaches and swelling in the limbs are 2 signs. There are 2 other key signs; i forget what they are now.

I had quite a severe reaction to AZ and felt ill for 5 weeks with every side effect listed except the blood clot. I am an awkward person though, I react to everything. The only anti biotic I don't come out in hives with is Penecillin - the one a lot of other people can't take! I'm eagerly awaiting my 2nd dose (should be next week). My partner thinks I'm mad wanting the second dose, he won't have it at all after seeing what happened to me. That's up to him but the virus is far worse than the vaccine in most cases. A friend of mine had the virus early on last year and she's still very fatigued, she says it has aged her 20 years.
I completely agree, Sam is 33 had covid in January and stilll gets fatigued and short of breath 😢 I was so happy he managed to get his first vaccine (Pfizer)

Back