• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Waiting for scan results

Fantasimo

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So the short version of this is that my mum is waiting on scans to see if her cancer has come back for the second time in a year. She had really aggressive bladder cancer three years ago, but it has recently spread to her pelvis.

It’s just me and my mum, and she’s my best friend, so it’s awful to have to keep going through this and seeing her so down and frightened. It’s also tough to be strong all the time.

Sorry, don’t mean to drag the mood down, guess I just wanted to vent a little bit. I’m usually okay, but it’s hit me hard today for whatever reason 🤷🏻‍♀️

So the short version of this is that my mum is waiting on scans to see if her cancer has come back for the second time in a year. She had really aggressive bladder cancer three years ago, but it has recently spread to her pelvis.

It’s just me and my mum, and she’s my best friend, so it’s awful to have to keep going through this and seeing her so down and frightened. It’s also tough to be strong all the time.

Sorry, don’t mean to drag the mood down, guess I just wanted to vent a little bit. I’m usually okay, but it’s hit me hard today for whatever reason 🤷🏻‍♀️
Aw hon :(. I’m so sorry, I hope that your Mom is going to be okay and do great. Sending good vibes and love to you and your mother. Sending my condolences also❤️

Wishing you both all the best and hope the scan date comes soon so you can stop wondering. Cancer is a really tough thing. 💓

Thanks all. I don’t want to let my mum know I’m worried, so it’s great to be able to vent on here (in between talking about piggies of course) ☺
It's hard when you know you need to be strong for someone, but inside you're breaking. There will always be people in the forum who will be more than ready to listen to you when you need that, and who will offer their support, whether it's guinea pig related or otherwise!

Sending love to both you and your mum at this time xx

Hope the scan results come back clear.
You’re not alone here - we are here to support you so vent and share your anxiety over your mother as much as you need to.
Holding you in my heart

So sorry your Mum is poorly sending you big hugs. It’s difficult sometimes putting on a brave face for the ones you love. You are doing an amazing job supporting her, take a little time out for “you” time too x

Holding you and your mum in my thoughts. X

Aw sorry to hear about your mum. She is lucky to have a lovely daughter to support her through this. Come on here anytime you need to vent, it is good to get things out of your system.:hug:

Thank you everyone.

We’re still waiting on results. It’s been nearly three weeks since the scans. We’re debating about whether to call mum’s MacMillan nurse, but it’s one of those ‘do want to know, but also don’t want to know’ situations.

Either it’s good news (although we doubt it based on the pain mum is having on the other side to where she had bone mets before) or they’re talking to the Marsden to get another treatment plan together before they contact us.

At the moment, ignorance is bliss, but after a while it just feels like you’re waiting for something to drop.

Once again, thanks for being my safe space and keeping us in your thoughts 🥰

So, time for an update...and it’s good news! The scan shows no progression of the cancer. My mum still has the pain in her pelvis, but has been referred to an osteopath who thinks it may be tendinitis 🤞

She’s due to see the consultant in October for a catch up, so hopefully the good news will continue.

So all in all, hopefully we are free of cancer drama for the next 3 months until she’s due to be scanned again 😌

I missed this thread initially, so glad it's been semi good news (would be good news if your mum wasn't in pain). I hope the news takes some stress away for you both

So, time for an update...and it’s good news! The scan shows no progression of the cancer. My mum still has the pain in her pelvis, but has been referred to an osteopath who thinks it may be tendinitis 🤞

She’s due to see the consultant in October for a catch up, so hopefully the good news will continue.

So all in all, hopefully we are free of cancer drama for the next 3 months until she’s due to be scanned again 😌
Great news for you and your mum. Thanks for the update.

Back