• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Waking Up With A Strange Injury..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abbie

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I woke up this morning with what I can only describe as a.. Burn.. On my arm :S

It's rather large and swollen and painful. Getting slightly concerned as it seems too get more angry everytime I look at it..

It doesn't look like much from a picture though.

I'm genuinely thinking I should get myself too a doctor....
image.jpg

Ouch! Oh dear, it doesn't look too good.
Do you think maybe you lay on it funny and left a pressure mark, I sometimes do that?
I do agree to get yourself to a doctor.

Ouch! Oh dear, it doesn't look too good.
Do you think maybe you lay on it funny and left a pressure mark, I sometimes do that?
I do agree to get yourself to a doctor.

I don't think so, because I could feel a slight pain before I went too bed in that area, but thought nothing of it.. Woke up and it was like that haha

I don't think so, because I could feel a slight pain before I went too bed in that area, but thought nothing of it.. Woke up and it was like that haha
....I don't really know what it is then. But seeing as you had a slight pain before hand, a doctor visit wouldn't hurt.

I hope it goes soon. Xx

Maybe you've been stung by something, let us know if you go doctors! Hope your okay sweet! Xx

Ive just been too the pharmacy because the doctors is closed at the weekend and the pharmacy have a doctor in there you don't need an appointment for!

He thought it could be a bite and has given me some cream! He was pretty shocked by it haha!

Ive just been too the pharmacy because the doctors is closed at the weekend and the pharmacy have a doctor in there you don't need an appointment for!
Oh that's good! So what did they say?

His first thought was ringworm! So that had me worrying about the pigs! But because it appeared just overnight he doesn't think its ringworm! Phew! But I'm still gunna have too go and give the pigs check over now!

He then said its most likely a bite/sting and gave me some cream to use over the weekend until the doctors is open again and if there's no improvement with the cream to go and see a doctor and the actual doctors.

He was pretty shocked by it! I don't think he's seen something like that haha!

His first thought was ringworm! So that had me worrying about the pigs! But because it appeared just overnight he doesn't think its ringworm! Phew! But I'm still gunna have too go and give the pigs check over now!

He then said its most likely a bite/sting and gave me some cream to use over the weekend until the doctors is open again and if there's no improvement with the cream to go and see a doctor and the actual doctors.

I thought it could be ringworm but then I couldn't fathom how, hopefully it was my second thought and as he said a bite or sting, and I hope the cream works! :)

A piece of good advice is to draw a pen line around the edges so that you can see if it's spreading. My first thoughts would be a bite, sting or ring worm!

I thought it could be ringworm but then I couldn't fathom how, hopefully it was my second thought and as he said a bite or sting, and I hope the cream works! :)

I'm am so so glad it isn't ringworm! I got so scared when he said it!
I just hope it doesn't develop into it or something :(

A piece of good advice is to draw a pen line around the edges so that you can see if it's spreading. My first thoughts would be a bite, sting or ring worm!
That's a really good idea Thankyou! I'm going too do that!
I'm so hoping it doesn't turn out too be ringworm!

Hmm, it does look a bit like ring worm, or impetigo to me. Don't freak out! They are emotive words, but in reality easy to catch and easy to sort out. My daughter (3 years old) got impetigo recently and we have no idea how. Advice to draw around it is good advice, or measure it. Ouch!

At first I thought it was ring worm! Hopefully it goes away soon.

image.jpg
That's how it's looking at the moment. It just doesn't show up properly on camera, so hard too show you properly haha!

It's defintely improved in looks and size. Although still rather painful at times! But in general, it's getting better slowly!

The cream I was given was for bites, so I assume it was a bite because it's improving? Ive gotta say though, it's an unusual bite!

Looks much better! Looks like it probably was a bite! Any idea what thought you looked a good meal? For that sort of bite, I'd say you've had a reaction or its some sort of bee/wasp or spider :o

Looks much better! Looks like it probably was a bite! Any idea what thought you looked a good meal? For that sort of bite, I'd say you've had a reaction or its some sort of bee/wasp or spider :o

Genuinely no idea what it could be! But I must have a tasty elbow!:))
A spider seems most likely from those options, but I'm really not sure! There seems to be some kind of bug that enjoys my skin, hmmmm:hmm:

Genuinely no idea what it could be! But I must have a tasty elbow!:))
A spider seems most likely from those options, but I'm really not sure! There seems to be some kind of bug that enjoys my skin, hmmmm:hmm:
I'm glad it's got better, but kinda shuddering at the thought of being eaten by a spider and I hope not to think of that tonight I may not sleep - @sport_billy how would you feel about this? But yes, maybe check your room and such if it ever happens again which hopefully it won't!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back