• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wallace and Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

xBeckyx

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys

This is a very random thread but I'm quite chuffed with myself and my lovely boys :)

I'm a new guinea pig owner and have had my boys just over two months. We went to the vets for a check up today and was told they look very very well!

Both boys are rescues and are around five years old. They have spent the majority of their lives in a small hutch with no run at the back of a garden. When they were rescued they had maggots in there hutch no hay and no fresh greens just pellets.

I hadn't ever thoght of keeping pigs but my mum was keen so we adopted them from a close friend who had rescued them. I admit I was a little nervous! I've studied animals to degree level and have kept many species but not pigs so I needed to make sure I knew what I was doing- this site has been a god send to me!

I decided to take the boys for a Health check -just to make sure I was on the right tracks and the vet was impressed! He even said my boys looked much youger than they were and were in fab condition :)

A lot of this is down to this site for giving me lots of advice through stickys and old posts so I must say thank you for allowing me to take such good care of my two boys- I'm sure they would be very greatful.:))

AWWW - thank you for sharing this lovely success story with us! I am sure that your boys couldn't agree more with having such a great, loving home that gives them a new lease of life!

Aww, what lucky boys! They must be chuffed with all this new found love and attention :)) The forum has been a great help to me too, so thanks guys for all the useful information ;)

Thank you all for your kind words! I think my
boys are very happy in their new home-they will be coming indoors for the first winter of their lives (very carefully undertaken if course) which I'm sure they will enjoy :)

What lovely news! All credit to you for giving these boys a happy loving home where they are warm, safe and stuffed with veggies!

What lovely news! All credit to you for giving these boys a happy loving home where they are warm, safe and stuffed with veggies!

oh trust me they are well and truely stuffed! We even have a fridge especially for their greens!

Aw, how lovely xx>>>

Sounds like your boys are making up for their bad start with lots of love and attention :)

Thats great news. Lucky piggies, you should be so proud of yourself:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back