• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Want to sell the house and downsize!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

Reaction score
We have always planned to do it in the future but really fancy doing it NOW!

Was checking our outstanding mortgage last night, and if we sold today at the current market value, and really downsized we could probably get a small park home (always fancied one of them) or a small cottage type place and then HAVE NO MORE MORTGAGE to pay. Wooohoooo! ;D

How nice that would be!

And how rich we would be too, by the time the mortgage is paid each month there isnt much left these days! ?

Deb x

that sounds nice deb, my mum did that after my dad died, she sold her big 3 bedroomed house and bought a 2 bedded and she loves it. She spent some of the sale money doing the new house up and lives on the rest with her pension, shes never looked back. :)

Wow that does sound like a fab idea Deb. Are you going to stay in the same area?

Sounds like everybody's dream! Another good site is the moneysavingexpert.com. On the forums there's a thread called house buying, renting selling and property prices. Loads of useful info when buying and selling your house. Good luck :)

thats so wierd me and hubby have been talking and looking around to do just that we was waiting for 2 youngest to complete school but that could be 4 to 6 years yet and while prices are high we may as well cash in, just actually doing it , I ended up with a stomach ulcer when we moved in 2002 so much stress, want a cottage or another bungalow in the country with a bit more land and a renovation project, we would'nt have anything left to pay, we got a loan on the house but dont actually have any mortgage so loan would be paid up , might get a valuation done next week,

Good luck with what you do Deb.

Smaller house bigger Garden more piggies ;D ;D ;D ;D

sounds like heaven

karen

DebbieR said:
Wow that does sound like a fab idea Deb. Are you going to stay in the same area?

Ooh it would be so nice to do it right now, but its just not right time. Would love to move to Gloucester ! its lovely round there. :).

michellemuffin said:
thats so wierd me and hubby have been talking and looking around to do just that we was waiting for 2 youngest to complete school but that could be 4 to 6 years yet and while prices are high we may as well cash in, just actually doing it , I ended up with a stomach ulcer when we moved in 2002 so much stress, want a cottage or another bungalow in the country with a bit more land and a renovation project, we would'nt have anything left to pay, we got a loan on the house but dont actually have any mortgage so loan would be paid up , might get a valuation done next week,

know what you mean Michelle, we moved here 4 years ago and it was a nightmare, but we always said it would just be a temporary thing. We just so desparately wanted to get away from where we lived. It was a terrible area, full of trouble and CCT cameras on every corner. :o

Its so much nicer where we are now, but the house is quite large, and two big for just us 2! So the plan has always been to downsize at some point, its just actually doing it! thats the hard part.

What I dont want to do is end up in situation hubbys parents did, and sat on their 3 bed detatched house, and have no money. We aim to move well before we get to that stage.

It will probably be in a couple of years, or when my boss finally does retire, then it will be the time to do things. Maybe move to another area too.

I will have a look at the sites listed (thanks for that) and start researching etc. Never hurts to do that!

It will also be when I dont have so many furries either! :'(, so actively have to NOT take on any more! I need to let my numbers come down, which will happen naturally.

If we moved now, I would have to rehome some of them and I dont want/cant do that! I am hopeless at letting any go! thats why cant do rescues any more. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deb x

Deb said:
[
It will also be when I dont have so many furries either! :'(, so actively have to NOT take on any more! I need to let my numbers come down, which will happen naturally.

If we moved now, I would have to rehome some of them and I dont want/cant do that! I am hopeless at letting any go! thats why cant do rescues any more. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Deb x

:o Deb, do you mean?...surely not....this can't be? *rubbing eyes in disbelief*...that you could acrtually mean it this time when you say no more animals?

I'll believe it when i see it ;D

same here with my number sob sob, but will rebuild up when have lots of land to accomodate them 6 shed at least lol, just been into estate agents nad registered for info not going to get a price on ours just yet just want to see whats around, we;re doing it so hubby can relax a little from work as its quite a stressful job a driving instructor,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back