Warning about card transactions made on New Years Eve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just a warning- to anybody who used their debit or credit card on 31st december in a card machine to pay for anything...please check your accounts! Turns out Lloyds had a big mess up and have been duplicating transactions - I had a £98.04 vet bill taken twice! I thought it wouldn't affect me, as I bank with NatWest, but turns out the Vets card reader is Lloyds. They have reassured customers that the money will be returned as soon as possible- but if i were you, just check your accounts and make sure the money goes back in! :)

JayceeStar

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just phoned Lloyds and they have said the payments were reimbursed on Tuesday, and should be cleared within 3-5 working days - meaning the earliest that the money will appear in accounts is tomorrow. I'll be waiting anxiously, I need this money to pay my rent for my house at uni!

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank youu, will give my bank account a check later on today ! :) Glad they've reimbursed hopefully it'll be in by tomorrow!

Reaction score
We had an email come though at work warning us about this, it's nothing to do with the actual shops if this happens to anyone you have to contact your bank :)

Status
Not open for further replies.