• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

WARNING contains adult content, sorry lovelies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I feel like absoloute crud. I don't even know where to start.

had an argument with my inlaws a few days ago and I'm starting to wonder if their right? It was about money and how they feel about seeking vetinairy treatment for ill animals. I disagree'd with them,and said money isn't everything in the world and I value the animals life more than the cost of the treatment, I will always pay for it one way or another. This is not me saying I can take on as many animals as I want it's me saying the ones that are already in my care, are paramount over money in my world.

I keep getting flash backs from the sexual abuse and bullying I faced when I was 12 and it's getting me down because it attacks out of no where...

I just feel down but only really in the evenings. I'm on anti depressants, on a low dose so i'm wondering if maybe it needs a boost or something but the problem is that it'salmost impossible to get the doctors. :/

I feel panicky and anxious and i don't know what to do. I feel so ****... i'm so pointless.

I feel like rehoming all myanimalsto better homes and

argh

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Big ( ( HUG ) ) Alex :)
Why is it your down in the evenings? is there something you could do to cheer you up ?

xx

I think it might be my meds need upping... I don't know what would cheer me up if anything as it's not a rashional sad mood. xox

Hi,

keep strong, I too have suffered panic attacks in the past and depression, I agree mine used to be worse at night.

You may need your medication upped slightly to help you more, the wanting to adopt more animals is a sign of dis satifaction in your life, a way of forgetting your troubles but as I find it's best to concentrate on the ones yo have so they have better care:))

Don't listen to others, I agree money is just money and to care for an animal is priceless. I have spent £80 on an out of hours trip to the vets for a hamster, £400 on an ear infection for my dog and endless vet bills for the other animals we struggle but we find the money.

my husband said to me the other day these animals are costing too much! I said well I don't drink, smoke or go out with wild men so I am entiltled to some enjoyment!:))

your not pointless your a beautiful young lady with her whole life ahead of her and some lucky piggies! concentrate on them and stuff the humans!x

I think it might be my meds need upping... I don't know what would cheer me up if anything as it's not a rashional sad mood. xox

Depression is not rational, and you will find 20x worse in the winter months, what used to cheer me up was something to look forward to, save up and book a short break with you and your hubby some lovely places in the south east on the coast where I live:))

Going on holiday is impossible. 12 guineapigs, 2 rabbits and three hamsters, all in boarding?

xx

awww sorry you feel crappy hon, dont rehome all your animals they are therapy for dark days i am sure, we are all here for you, remember that xxxxx

x>>

Going on holiday is impossible. 12 guineapigs, 2 rabbits and three hamsters, all in boarding?

xx

yes I see your point:(

we are lucky in that my sister is coming in to feed my 8 piggies, cats and the hamsters but if you haven't got a trusted person it is hard:(

As a Psychiatric Nurse I can reasurre you that your not alone with the way your feeling, things from the past can severely effect your emotions even years later. It seems your getting depressed about little things that normally people wouldnt let effect them so much, this is very normal when depressed, Ive been there myself, I had a breakdown on the street crying because I dropped my car keys, it was the final straw and ridiculous when I look back now. I dont want to pry to just wondered what meds you have? And whether you've sought any help from mental health services, it can really help to have some CBT/DBT therapy after suffering such trauma in your younger years.

It takes a very strong person to seek help from others when they feel like this and well done you for feeling strong enough to share your feelings on the forum.

Send me a PM if you want to talk about it in any more detail, I work with people with problems similar to yours on a daily basis and I have suffered myself and I know its very hard to se any light at the end of the tunnel.

Feel better x

Increasing your medication may make a difference but you'll need to see your GP to do that so, while you're there, it's worth taking the time to discuss whether the medication itself might be a contributory factor. You might find that a different medication would manage your condition better. It might pay to ask for a longer appointment (my surgery does double-length appointments if there's a lot to get through). Beforehand, do some on-line research to see if your current medication has a lot of adverse side-affects and see if there are any alternatives suggested; then research them. If you can show your GP you've made a serious effort to understand your condition and the effects of the medication they should be able to help you better. If you do change your meds then watch out for any dramatic changes in your moods and get back to the GP if things take a nose-dive; it probably won't happen but if you're not expecting it then you can get badly caught out. (It'll probably be fine but I'm a born worrier).

On a brighter note, you're talking about it which is good. You can always talk as there is always someone here.

I know what you mean clairebear. I thought I was better, I've been on escitalopram since October. and I've felt so much better while being on it. Being vegan I've also started taking calcium, and B12 and I've felt lots better since starting to take it.

I don't know why it's just the evening xx

Sorry your feeling this way Lexy, i have a bit of experience in mental health, as my Mum worked in that profession and suffers from it too. You need to see your doctor and they will talk to you about how your feeling and if they feel you need to up your meds then they will let you know. My Mum has recently had to do this and now she's feeling better.
Hope your feeling better soon x

I feel like absoloute crud. I don't even know where to start.

had an argument with my inlaws a few days ago and I'm starting to wonder if their right? It was about money and how they feel about seeking vetinairy treatment for ill animals. I disagree'd with them,and said money isn't everything in the world and I value the animals life more than the cost of the treatment, I will always pay for it one way or another. This is not me saying I can take on as many animals as I want it's me saying the ones that are already in my care, are paramount over money in my world.

I keep getting flash backs from the sexual abuse and bullying I faced when I was 12 and it's getting me down because it attacks out of no where...

I just feel down but only really in the evenings. I'm on anti depressants, on a low dose so i'm wondering if maybe it needs a boost or something but the problem is that it'salmost impossible to get the doctors. :/

I feel panicky and anxious and i don't know what to do. I feel so ****... i'm so pointless.

I feel like rehoming all myanimalsto better homes and

argh

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know how you feel when it comes to bullying and SA, if you need to chat, just send me a PM xxxxxx

aww hun,do you get depressed more in the night due to you being on your own and left with your thoughts?try distracting yourself,take up a new hobbie etc,i was depressed for about 8yrs on/off,not an easy road,you think your shait but your not hun,you need to keep you focus on something else other than work etc,its only been in the past 2 yrs my frame of mind has changed,and apart from the occasional off days I'm more like me,i try and get out of the house,walking and latley jogging,or i go see friends,your thoughts are your own worse enemy,simple things to other but to someone whos depressed its horrible,

dont worry about your pets,by the sounds of it(from other posts)you love and care for your guinea's dearly,

keep your chin up hun!

ohh and the best piece of advice my mum gave me was look in a mirror and say outloud " I AM WORTH SOMETHING!" belive me it works!

BIG HUGS HUN! I've been feeling really down lately for no reason at all...must just be this time of year lol. Can you call your GP and talk over the phone with them and see what they suggest? That way you don't have to leave the house if it distresses you.
I hope you're ok hun, I'm on facebook and/or msn if you need to chat :)

I just want to send you a massive (((hug))) I am going through it myself right now so I feel for you.

As for your animals, I do NOT think you should re home them. In laws grrr! x

Please don't ever think you're pointless. I don't know you, but I can tell from your posts that you are a caring person with passion and that you love all your animals dearly.

People have different priorities in life. To me, my animals mean the world to me and I'll do anything to help them regardless of cost - I don't believe you can put a cost on a life of a well-loved pet who also happens to be your friend. But there are many people in this world who don't share this view, maybe they don't now how much fun and love an animal can bring into their lives and how rewarding they can be. There is no right or wrong, people are just different and think differently.

Animals are a great source of therapy and comfort for many reasons, they make you laugh, provide companionship, give you unconditional love and much more. Don't think you have to give them up to comply with other peoples' views and opinions, you have to do what's right for you and only you know what that is.

I can't offer any help with depression, simply because I've never had any significant first hand experience with it. Other members have provided some good advice though.

In laws are a pain in the ****!

Big hug xx

*hugs toyou toolovely*

Infact *hugs ALL THE PEOPLE ON TGPF* Because sometimes, everyone needs a hug.

I love you guys so much, almost all the time when I'm upset I can count on you fantastic people to make mefeel better < 3 Thankyou x

really hope that you can take some comfort from the messages from everyone chick. Please don't rehome your animals, you are fantastic with them and for them. You are worth so much and try not to let the past spoil your present and your future x

Just want to say that you come across as a lovely person and you shouldn't rehome your animals. They are like therapy when things are bad. Ignore the in-laws, they are just sent to annoy us. *Big hugs from me and piggy kisses from my boys*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back