Warning for those keeping animals outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SkinnyLover

In light of what I have just read on another site about the sick people who are getting kicks out of harming animals, I felt it right to put a post here....

If you own an animal which is kept outside please make sure the hutch is secure. There have been numerous reports about sick individuals opening hutches and stealing or mutilating the animals they find inside.

One small girl went out to feed her bunnies one morning and found that some sick b*****d had cut off both the rabbits heads and left the bodies under her swing. Needless to say she was totally traumatised.

It is because of events like this that I urge you to keep a padlock on the doors of your hutches or keep them in a shed with a lock on the door. It means that a determined person can still get in but most wont bother and will go in search of an easier target. Further more when I go out I never put the external light on (it lights up the hutches to passers by) and leave my living room light on so people think I'm home.

It is sad that we live in a world where we have to make provisions such as these but in those immmortal words, "better safe than sorry".

D

Darky

Unfortunately, things like this happen to other animals as well.

When I was still in school, a girl in the first year had a cat and it vanished, she was upset for ages but no-one could find her cat.

Eventually her older sister and some kids found it - not a sight anyone should ever have to witness. Someone had basically mutilated it and left it for dead around one of the fields.

We live in the countryside, so a lot of people here own cats, and they're all outside cats. My cat is female so she doesn't go further than outside our front garden, but her son is a different matter, and it's bloody frightening.

Reaction score
OMG - there are some sick sick b******s out there! - its just sick to think some people think to even do that.........

I may have to go purchase a lock or something and get my OH to fix the security light we have in the garden....

Trace xx

Reaction score
mine are in padlocked sheds and woah behold any bugger that touches my pigs or any of my animals they would be hunted down and mutilated >:( 666) see how they like it ( did i go a bit far do you think?)
there are some sick perverted people out there now you know why I much prefer animals to people, >:( >:(

B

bramble

if any one can get the past the 4 big slobbery dogs , & the nutty cats the'l find my shed padloclked, if any one did get into my shed & harm ANY of my babies i would hunt them down & remove part of there body & post it to there parents..... :-[
opps perhaps i need a coffee !! :)

there are sick so & so around sadly

M

maxthepig

there is a lady on the rabbit forum i go on who had her rabbit taken from its padlocked hutch- the hutch was also mangled from where they'd tried to get in and they eventually prised the roof off :'(

She doesnt know what happened to the bunn.

S

staffie lass

My pigiges live in a shed but I have 2 staffies and a very very large wolfhound lurcher it would be a brave person to come into my garden!!! ;D

G

gothchick1515

Mines only bolted! OMG! thats terrible! where abouts did this happen? my garden is kinda difficult to get into but i will be getttin a padlock now

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Nasty, very nasty. Mine our outside - the garden is secure, neighbours who rent are moving out and we have asked landlord to put up higher fence between our houses.

Anyone would have to get past the staffie first, I wish i had room for a shed. Gate is well secure and not many know i have outside furries.

Alison

G

gothchick1515

My dad has a padlock hes trying to find a key for then i will be reassured! x

K

KatsCavies

My shed is a brick building with a lockable door. There is a security light above the door and an alarm was fitted yesterday so if anyone opens the door or window the alarm will go off.

Kat

D

DebbieR

There are some really sick and depraved people out there. That is precisely why I would not have any animal of mine live outside - my garden is not secure at all - and I worry the whole time my cats are out. I only relax when they're in with me for the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.