• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Warning: Meltdown impending.........

Bradshaw Piggies

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I honestly can't explain how much I hate my full time job.... the politics, the amount of crap they give us.... and today is worse than ever. Ever feel like you can't do anything right? That nothing is good enough? I've had enough for years now, and I think today may well be the day an explosion happens!

Quick...... someone please distract me before meltdown happens...

I’m sorry to here that, I’ve got out of toxic work places and it is really crazy how hard it can be!
here is a distraction of our resident fluffy nut case
View attachment 175438
Hello fluffy nutcase - I don't know how I would get through the day without seeing your gorgeous face on here (or insta) 💗

That’s such a shame, it’s miserable if you just can’t get on and do your job without all the crap! I’ve been there and it’s no fun 😉 Take a deep breath!
Here’s a photo of my old rainbow boys Bill and Ted
View attachment 175439
💗 These two 💗 Thank you so much. It really is awful working for the people I work for, makes me hate the industry I work in, and that's not why I went into it in the first place. Such a shame.
Thank you so much for this lovely pic of your boys. You should frame this gorgeous picture. They can always cheer me up, that's for sure! 💗

I honestly can't explain how much I hate my full time job.... the politics, the amount of crap they give us.... and today is worse than ever. Ever feel like you can't do anything right? That nothing is good enough? I've had enough for years now, and I think today may well be the day an explosion happens!

Quick...... someone please distract me before meltdown happens...
Try working for an arm's length government company, massive loads of politics and pink fluffy rubbish, I now bite my tongue, get my patrol car and stay out for the whole shift on my own, key performance indicators for this, targets for that, I spoke my mind on certain things - nothing rude or out of line and got a 2 year final written warning for misconduct! Then there is the online e-learning for stuff which is totally unnecessary, and getting causes for this, that and the other rammed down my throat at every opportunity. Then on top of that, I have to have eyes in my backside every time I step out of the car as one wrong move could kill me! :yikes: thankfully I have 6 years till retirement. I will be grabbing it with both hands. 👍

Try working for an arm's length government company, massive loads of politics and pink fluffy rubbish, I now bite my tongue, get my patrol car and stay out for the whole shift on my own, key performance indicators for this, targets for that, I spoke my mind on certain things - nothing rude or out of line and got a 2 year final written warning for misconduct! Then there is the online e-learning for stuff which is totally unnecessary, and getting causes for this, that and the other rammed down my throat at every opportunity. Then on top of that, I have to have eyes in my backside every time I step out of the car as one wrong move could kill me! :yikes: thankfully I have 6 years till retirement. I will be grabbing it with both hands. 👍
That all sounds so familiar! Minus the stepping out of the car part (or at least I hope......). I also don't fit in because I refuse to kiss the bottoms of management (I don't see that as an option for ladder climbing to be perfectly honest), but it's so frustrating to watch everyone else do it relentlessly! I think I am also close to a misconduct warning for simply voicing my opinion. I've brought years of industry expertise to a department managed by those with paper qualifications and no industry experience. Recipe for disaster in my opinion - paper and experience would work best in this line of work (I better not voice that one out loud again, but how can people not practice what they preach)?

Retirement is a long long time away for me, hopefully I can build my other businesses enough to be able to step away from my current employment. I'll just have to hope hard work pays off! I'm also hoping and praying that the daily rubbish from current role doesn't drive me into a deep depression beforehand...

Bet you can't wait to enjoy retirement! :)

That all sounds so familiar! Minus the stepping out of the car part (or at least I hope......). I also don't fit in because I refuse to kiss the bottoms of management (I don't see that as an option for ladder climbing to be perfectly honest), but it's so frustrating to watch everyone else do it relentlessly! I think I am also close to a misconduct warning for simply voicing my opinion. I've brought years of industry expertise to a department managed by those with paper qualifications and no industry experience. Recipe for disaster in my opinion - paper and experience would work best in this line of work (I better not voice that one out loud again, but how can people not practice what they preach)?

Retirement is a long long time away for me, hopefully I can build my other businesses enough to be able to step away from my current employment. I'll just have to hope hard work pays off! I'm also hoping and praying that the daily rubbish from current role doesn't drive me into a deep depression beforehand...

Bet you can't wait to enjoy retirement! :)
It can't come soon enough, I had a new manager sideways transfer from the land registry, trying to tell me how to do my job, I've got 35 years operational experience and can do the job in my sleep. I'm not bothered about climbing the greasy pole, I go in, fill my flask, grab my patrol car keys and personal radio, transfer my kit bag from my car boot to back seat of the car and hit the motorway. At the end of shift, I wash my car and flask, put my kit bag back in my car, hand my keys and radio in and go home. Rinse and repeat. Some days I have an operationally calm shift, other days I'm chasing my tail! Luckily, I now have my community first responder team leader role to take my mind off the day job. 👍

It can't come soon enough, I had a new manager sideways transfer from the land registry, trying to tell me how to do my job, I've got 35 years operational experience and can do the job in my sleep. I'm not bothered about climbing the greasy pole, I go in, fill my flask, grab my patrol car keys and personal radio, transfer my kit bag from my car boot to back seat of the car and hit the motorway. At the end of shift, I wash my car and flask, put my kit bag back in my car, hand my keys and radio in and go home. Rinse and repeat. Some days I have an operationally calm shift, other days I'm chasing my tail! Luckily, I now have my community first responder team leader role to take my mind off the day job. 👍
It does very much feel like a rinse and repeat deal here also. Feels like I just survive each day, rather than enjoy each day? What a waste of life that seems.... Every day I say to myself 'there has to be more to life than this', but change doesn't come easy. I spent years in a role building that department, then they restructured and replaced a few of us with newer, younger models (with far less experience). I haven't had the same passion for the place since.
Glad you have something to take the mind off of the day job! But also, thank you (on behalf of everyone) for the great work you do on our motorways (despite the crap they keep throwing at you).

I’m so sorry that you’re hating your job so much :( I too used to hate my job and it was a blessing in disguise when they dismissed me due to ill health back in 2018. I used to dread going in and would lie awake worrying about it (((hugs))) and here are my piggies to hopefully make you smile

89DFE781-76A2-45E8-9489-729B2ECADC39.jpeg

I’m so sorry that you’re hating your job so much :( I too used to hate my job and it was a blessing in disguise when they dismissed me due to ill health back in 2018. I used to dread going in and would lie awake worrying about it (((hugs))) and here are my piggies to hopefully make you smile

View attachment 175445
They really do make me smile and have also prevented the impending meltdown! :hug: :love: I feel the same as you. I dread the thought of going in and don’t sleep. Thank you so much for your support💕

i loved my job,but the politics and performance pay and targets were all too much. i had 36years as a nurse.the pandemic reassesed my priorities and life is too short so ive retired early,but love it.ive so much i want to do when the restrictions lift.Life begins at 50.....something! try and be true to yourself.....and usually things will fall into place.its hard not enjoying your workplace.i used to visualise the manangers without clothes on !they are no better or worse than the rest of us !

i loved my job,but the politics and performance pay and targets were all too much. i had 36years as a nurse.the pandemic reassesed my priorities and life is too short so ive retired early,but love it.ive so much i want to do when the restrictions lift.Life begins at 50.....something! try and be true to yourself.....and usually things will fall into place.its hard not enjoying your workplace.i used to visualise the manangers without clothes on !they are no better or worse than the rest of us !
Thank you so much for the support. I’ll have to try the visualisation tactic.... though with my managers not sure I want to! 😂😂

I’m so happy for you that you’ve got lots to look forward to. Lockdown really made me re-think a lot of priorities too. Enjoy your retirement 😊💕

Hope you feeling better now x
I really feel work life has got worse over the years. In the 80’s it was a joy to go to work! No political correctness, no one stabbing you in the back, no tick boxes and a supportive fun can do atmosphere. When I was lucky enough to take early retirement nearly 9 years ago I jumped at the chance. It was a blessing as I was becoming very disillusioned with a profession I used to love.

Hope you feeling better now x
I really feel work life has got worse over the years. In the 80’s it was a joy to go to work! No political correctness, no one stabbing you in the back, no tick boxes and a supportive fun can do atmosphere. When I was lucky enough to take early retirement nearly 9 years ago I jumped at the chance. It was a blessing as I was becoming very disillusioned with a profession I used to love.
Thank you so much. You are correct. Well I wasn’t around to work in the 80s (I was born 87), but I can imagine it must have been a hundred times better than it is now. I just hope I can build my other businesses enough to step away from the horrendous full time job. But balancing time to do both can be tricky.
I hope you’re enjoying your well earned retirement x

Back