warning to drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hils78

I've just been sent this warning

Subject: Warning to all drivers - especially females (This is important: it is not a joke)

FORWARDED MESSAGE FROM STRATHCLYDE POLICE

ALL CAR OWNERS AND CAR DRIVERS; PLEASE READ.

Warning!

You need to be aware of a new "car-jacking" scheme.

You walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Then you lock all your doors, start the engine and perhaps put the gear into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window.

So, you shift the gear stick back into park or neutral, unlock your doors and jump out of your car to remove the paper or whatever it is that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off! Your engine was running, you would have left your purse in the car and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME; IT IS NOW BECOMING COMMONPLACE IN GLASGOW AND MANCHESTER AND IS MAKING ITS WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!

So what should you do?

Just drive away and remove the paper later - it is stuck to your window!

I hope you will forward this e-mail to friends and family (especially females, who seem to be more vulnerable to this particular danger)! A purse contains all identification, and you certainly do NOT want someone getting your home address - especially as they would probably already have your keys!

SO BE AWARE, AND TAKE CARE WHENEVER YOU GET OUT OF YOUR CAR, ESPECIALLY IN ANY CAR-PARK OR OTHER PUBLIC AREA.

Brian Molloy
Detective Constable
Force Intelligence Bureau
Strathclyde Police
0141 532 5867

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Someone has to get the ramp out first and then for me to be unclamped, so they'll take me with them! LOL

michellemuffin

Reaction score
awww Kelly you nut case, thats the one good thing about living on an Island its pointless nicking cars you cant go anywhere with them, all the ferry ports are on instant aware and know any stolen cars as soon as reported, so they cant get off the Island most people leave them unlocked, when we moved from Essex it took years to get into the habit of not bolting everything down, we use to get laughed at, they do get damaged though

L

lizz79

Scary story, a friend of my sister in laws got very close to being murdered in her car, i dont know the full story but she parked her car in a multi story car park and a suited man with a brief case approached her and asked if she could help him as his car wind screen had been smashed, which she could see, so she stupidily offered to take him to the police station so he wasnt stood in the cold multistory, he got in the car with her and she said it was fine till they got to the gate at the bottom to release the bar at the exit and he flung his suit case in the back seat and started to be cocky, i think she screamed at him to get out and as she was telling him toget out , another car came round,the driver saying there was something happening , got out of his car .The guy who the girl had picked up, jumped out of the car and legged it.After all this, the police informed the girl that in the brief case there was a carving knife and some rope! This was in leicester !

Status
Not open for further replies.