• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Wasps and Bees

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

claire

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering has anyone ever had a guinea stung by a bee or wasp, i get worried every summer that this will happen.

What would you do if it happened?

:( Don't wanna think about that - I hate them and get really scared when they come near me or in the flat.

Hate the thought of them!

I have never known a piggie to get stung.

If one did I'd treat it the same as a if a person got stung I suppose.

I hate Bees and Wasps too - the worst is when they come into the classroom and I have to pretend its fine and get them out without fuss while trying to hide the fact I'm terrified from the kids!

Oh gosh, I really feel for you in that situation! I would run/ride away taking the kids with me! LOL

I would too, i hate bees and wasps, I'm petrified, i just run away when i see one

gwemma is scared of them, so i have to deal with all the bugs and everything.

Mike had to deal with a massive spider in our room the other night! He has to put it in a glass and look at it first!

i guess I'm like mike..i wont touch those things but i can stare at them. i like gross stuff!

I'm not in the least bit bothered by spiders or bees and wasps but one of my boys is absolutly petrified and walks round with his t shirt pulled up high, so I have to keep calm hopefully any buzzers would get zapped in the sheds spiders are welcome because they eat flies yah!
I'm of the feeling if you dont touch them they wont touch you, and look at the size of you compared to them lol,
one of my dogs got his tongue stung years ago by a wasp and I sat letting him lick an ice lolly to keep the swelling down, which worked so I presume ice would be a good thing to use if any do get stung, but they might get a bad reaction considering their size, so an emergency visit or call to the vet might be needed,

Awww, your dog's tongue. It was a good thing for him to have a lollly. I bet it hurt!

I've never been stung, touch wood. Go in major panic's when they are close!

I have been stung once and i think thats why i hate them so much.

Sorry to hear about your dog getting stung Michelle

hi Claire, Charlie was fine after devouring a lolly, just a little swelling but i must admit he never chases them now, he must have learnt his lesson, shame his brohter max did'nt he still goes after them and stalks them making himself as small and long as possible to attack, then I go and spoil his little game "MAX dont you dare" and i get a filthy look as if to say you spoil all my fun :D but apparently my vet said he gets a lot of dogs in with wasp and bee stings, but i'd be very worried if one of my piggys got stung due to their size

One day I am going to have a Chilean Rose tarantula ;D
I love tarantulas - so furry ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back