Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone else find their piggies don't drink much water?
I was a little bit concerned as Reggie hasnt drank much in the last few days so earlier I put a small bowl of water in his cage (ramekin dish size) and he loves it, he literally jumped up and dolved his little nose right into it. Then i put my finger in the water and he licked it off me lol!
x

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
hmm I've noticed mine haven't had much but we only got them from the rescue on Sunday and don't know how much piggies usually drink, if they don't seem to be taking it in the next couple of days then will try a water bowl instead

beaverstar

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine love licking water off my fingers! x)

Mine don't drink too much, I guess they get some from their vegetables.

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It was so cute when he was licking the water off me.
Also when i first put the bowl down he was chucking it down his little neck lol x

Reaction score
I noticed mine drink more sinceI got this
http://www.ukpetsupplies.com/Details.aspx?ProdId=3570&ParentId=171

I got them after reading this

GLASS WATER BOTTLES
We have spoken to our vet and guinea pigs that drink more have a significantly lower risk of bladder stones (an affliction that kills so many guinea pigs). Piggy’s that have glass water bottles seem to drink significantly more than those with plastic bottles and the health benefits of using glass over plastic are well documented. It’s our dream to have all glass bottles here at the rescue. They are however expensive compared to the plastic equivalent and for the number of cages we have for now out of reach. If you want to help us and can afford LESS than £10 then please order us a glass water bottle.
http://www.cardiffguineapigrescue.co.uk/?page_id=222

Status
Not open for further replies.