• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We have mice

Status
Not open for further replies.

helen105281

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We took home 3 beautiful female mice today. They are still settling in but doing really well though one is a lot more nervous than the others.

Here is a very blurry pic of the 2 braver ones

006-18.jpg

And a video, can I just say that she was fine after what happened at the end. Though I did press the stop button on the video in sheer panic lol

Any ideas for names would be lovely. The one not in the video is a golden colour.

Aww, bless. How sweet are they!? They are gorgeous. I'm rubbish at names though so I'll leave that to everyone else :)).

When we had little lady mice they were either named after famous women - eg Pandora - or after chocolate - eg Buttons.

Lady mice have very distinct personalities and a real 'go girl' attitude. Watching your little one overbalancing took me right back down memory lane!

Two tips from experience. Don't feed raw broccolli, they really reek afterwards. And if you put a large nut into the cage (it was a whole brazil nut for us) then all the girls will come into season together as there is lots of high protein food available and you will have a cage full of PMT. Much squabbling!

Have a lot of fun, they are always totally adorable, I love little lady mice!

Oooh that's really helpful, thank you very much. I have a book on order too, so will be having a good read.

They have been really entertaining tonight, sorting out their nest and bombing about. The shy one has got much braver in the last few hours.

Am loving all the name suggestions so far.

where are they from Helen? I've never had mice - having always had cats makes that a no-no, but they do look fun!

aw

aww very cute i second Bubbles,Blossom and Buttercupx)

where are they from Helen? I've never had mice - having always had cats makes that a no-no, but they do look fun!

They are from a garden centre near me. Not ever seen them anywhere else. If we get anymore at any point though I will look out for rescues.

Clairelove, I love the idea of Maisy. I suggested Milly, Molly and Mandy as am sure that there was a character in a book when I was little called that. Then OH reminded me that we already have a Millie malletheadmallethead

Our are named after chocolate and sweeties
Aero, Munchie, Cookie and Twirl

Picked names for our next two Smarties and Flips (fudge coated pretzels)

How about Mindy instead of Millie
Mindy, Molly and Mandy lol
I love naming mice!

They're beautiful Helen. x)

I remember Milly Molly Mandy, i loved reading about her.

More blast from the past names - Mary, Mungo & Midge :))

Thank you for all the suggestions, OH is being a grump and now says he doesn't want the same letters for all 3 but he does like the chocolate idea.

We have frantically been trying to think of vegan chocolate names, so far we have Moo free (2 look like a cow one doesn't so this is perfect), Booja Booja and we can't think of a third. We were also thinking Tofu, Seitan and Tempeh but they seem more like boy's names.

We have names

We have finally decided on the names for the mice, we couldn't think of enough vegan chocolate names and decided to go for vegan "cheese", so decided on Cheezley for the one with cow markings but coloured face, Scheeze for the one with cow markings but white face and Daiya for the golden one.

However, as I have just typed all this the OH has announced that he wants to call the one with the white face Nemo. So watch this space rolleyes rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back