• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We have the wierdest place names :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggyme234

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was just looking up where a town was and spotted on the map a place called Great Snoring. I zoomed in a bit and found Little Snoring just down the road. :)):)):)):))
I drove past a sign for Great Fryup Dale once too.

Anyone else know of any more funny place names to keep us jolly as the weather gets colder.

I once went past a place called Swinscoe, it was really odd as that was my maiden name.

Also there is a place called Bunny, not so far from here and honestly when you drive through at night lots of wild bunnies/hares jump out everywhere lol!

I have also seen this post many of times but not sure if the place really does exist or not. PMSL! :{

http://www.jagshouse.com/images/****t.jpg

Oh and when I was in Scotland with my auntie and uncle as a kid we drove through a road called B*****d lane lol!

Last edited:
My last job involved driving to lots of villages in Northamptonshire and it always made me smile when I saw Shutlanger.
Just a funny name. lol

When I was on holiday in Norfolk a couple of years ago I went past a lane called slutshole lane. Made me chuckle

LOL

And for the not so inventive town namers I just found a town called Box

I've always thought the local town of Ramsbottom had quite an odd name.. :))
There is Lower and UpperRamsbottom isn't there :x ?

I must be well travelled, I have been to Bare many times, also been to Wetwang delivering a guinea pig. My fave is Knocking, where the village shop is very famous as you can imagine. :(|)

Six Mile bottom and Corpusty which I always think sounds like a particular horrible gurgling zit on the end of you nose! lol

When I lived in Kent I was near Pratts Bottom

There is Lower and UpperRamsbottom isn't there :x ?

I must be well travelled, I have been to Bare many times, also been to Wetwang delivering a guinea pig. My fave is Knocking, where the village shop is very famous as you can imagine. :(|)

Blimey, how come you have been to Bare, is it when you have been out to the beach?

My favourite is Long Itchington... and a little village by the Cotswolds called Fulready! Or a place by Althorp/Northampton named Nobottle.

Ha ha these places are wonderful. Can't believe I didn't think of Wetwang though. I've been there loads. They have a scarecrow festival in the spring and the roads are lined with scarecrows.

Ha ha these places are wonderful. Can't believe I didn't think of Wetwang though. I've been there loads. They have a scarecrow festival in the spring and the roads are lined with scarecrows.
Isn't it Wetwang that always has the celebrity Mayor? xx

Blimey, how come you have been to Bare, is it when you have been out to the beach?

We had a caravan in Carnforth for many years, and just travelled around the area a lot. But yes, mostly as we came to the beach with the dog, or the market for one of the best bacon butties in the world. I used to love that cafe....everyone smoking INSIDE, and dogs allowed! ha ha, can you imagine that now. (I'm not a smoker, but just thought how funny/odd it was that everyone was lighting up!) ha. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back