• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

We need help for Willow (sorry long post to follow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all, Willow sems to be getting better at "seeing". At least when you wave your hand over her she blinks at the shadow. The vet told us that her sight may get slightly better but she will never fully see.

We are working hard with her. She is lucky to have 3 of us that love her and want to fight for her. I am going to pick up the med from the first vet today and trying to get all her vet papers and a printout of the receipts. I am sure they will not give them happily.

Well I am off to walk over to do another feeding, she has had around 35ml this morning so far.

Oh bless you all and poor little willow, how horrible was that vets! Since getting my two girls in January I have spent over £120 on vet bills on Bumble alone and would not change it for the world, I don't care that a new piggy would cost a tiny fraction of that amount because I love her and need her to be ok. She's going again on Friday for a lost tooth... suppose I'm just grateful the tooth fairy doesn't come to piggies :))

Hope she continues to improve well and that you manage to get a better vets

You are doing a great job indeed! You determined care is what is making the difference. I am glad that you have found a better vet, though!

Don't worry about the blindness - sight is not the strongest sense in piggies and they learn to compensate and lead a perfectly, happy normal life.

I have and have had cataract piggies who still roamed our enclosed garden by smell, touch and memory, and were even running about and even jumping on huts. I also know of one completely deaf, near blind, near starved to death boar who has been neutered once recovered and who is now happily living with two old ladies. Nobody has told him that he cannot popcorn or do all the manly stuff!

What you need to do is talk to her as soon as you come into the room, so Willow knows what is happening around her. Blind piggies don't like being surprised. Wake her up gently before you pick her up.

Here are Mischief's and Jasper's stories. I hope that they will cheer you up!
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33420
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60198
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61319

Sorry just read back and seen that you went to a different vets :)

I just want to say what a fantastic job you guys have done, its so lovely to hear and that she sounds like she is on the mend. She is an incredibly lucky guinea to have found you and wish you all the very best of luck in getting her through this you all deserve it. THANK YOU.

What an amazing job you've all done! x)x)x)

I thank you guys so much for your care of such a little one that so needed help......
Wishing little Willow all the best from us all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have a blind girl from diabetes, i tend to chat constantly and tap things as i move them out or in for cleaning..........i never alter anything unless i can do it over a period of time........ i have one set up for day time and one for night.....she is used to this, piggies can adapt but it does take time. Regular weighing will help you also for knowing if Willow is progressing (looks like you're already doing that :))

HUGS for you all XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you all so very much for the heatfelt wishes. I have started a new thread for Willow in the general chat to update with a video from this morning.

Again thank each and every one of you for your help and thoughts for Willow. The three of us really needed that support and help.

Poor Willow - sounds very much like the issues I am having with my Cookie atm - same story. i got him and his brother from P@H adoption centre too with what their vet said was a permanent head tilt grrrr.....apparently they had had a month's worth of antibiotics too with no improvement. Now I am wondering whetrher they even tried ear drops......

Hi

Hi How are you. I have 2 guinea pigs I have had them since they were born they are both 4 now. Firstly my advice May not be correct I am very open minded And i listen to everyones views and Opinions and I try what I think may work as we all need some help sometimes, and hey If It soesnt work at least you tried.
My Female GPig Princess only 2 weeks ago lost weight Dramatically. Very common for a Piggy that Is lacking Vit C. But Not always just one thing.. And Maybe Calcium as they get a little older.. So for the first 2 days. I gave her hand fed.. 10 mls of Skim milk( the reason I use Skim as its not thick and wont upset their tummy too much) in the mrn and at night to give her calcium and put a lining on her tummy. Then I gave her for 3 days after that10 mls in the morn.. and 10 mls at night..Remembering half of this they dont swallow down they only take what they need. Of Orange jusice thast we drink but Pulp free.. She lapped it down. I gave her small chopped up tomatoes for herself to eat If she wanted to. and Pellets soaked in Hot water and a little milk to mash up and hand fed heer for 2 days.. She Has Bounced back and eating and starting to Oink again not weeze so I'm veery happy... My diet for them consists of, Pellets, Losned chaff, hay, tomatoes and all veges and now half an orange every 2 days and she is happy again.. Also a Bath in a nice soft shampoo and toweled dried gets rid of any little grass mights and creepy crawlys lol
Loke I siad This may not help you but hey every bit of advice helps us all.. Good Luck with your Little Friend xxxxx

Last edited:
Hi

Hi How are you. I have 2 guinea pigs I have had them since they were born they are both 4 now. Firstly my advice May not be correct I am very open minded And i listen to everyones views and Opinions and I try what I think may work as we all need some help sometimes, and hey If It doesnt work at least you tried.
My Female GPig Princess only 2 weeks ago lost weight Dramatically. Very common for a Piggy that Is lacking Vit C. But Not always just one thing.. And Maybe Calcium as they get a little older.. So for the first 2 days. I gave her hand fed.. 10 mls of Skim milk ( the reason I use Skim as its not thick and wont upset their tummy too much) in the morn and at night to give her calcium and put a lining on her tummy. Then I gave her for 3 days after that10 mls in the morn and 10 mls at night.. ( Remembering half of this they dont swallow down they only take what they need) Of Orange juice that we drink but Pulp free! She lapped it down. I gave her small chopped up tomatoes for herself to eat If she wanted to. and Pellets soaked in Hot water and a little milk to mashed up and hand fed her for 2 days.. She Has Bounced back and eating and starting to Oink again not weeze so I'm very happy... My diet for them consists of, Pellets, Losned chaff, hay, tomatoes and All veges and now half an orange every 2 days and she is happy again.. Also a Bath in a nice soft shampoo and toweled dry gets rid of any little grass mights and creepy crawlys lol
Like I siad This may not help you but hey every bit of advice helps us all.. Good Luck with your Little Friend xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back