• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We were broken into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no thats just so scary, would you consider getting an alarm. We brought one after being broken into 3 years ago, Luckly tho I was out with the kids.
The alarm really gives me a piece of mind, they can be expensive but you can always get a dummy one. I have the downstairs alarmed when we all go up to bed. Also if your finding it hard call victim support, I did and a nice lady came to my house and we talked for hours about how I felt, It really helped.

I hope your feeling better soon
Take care
Heidi x

We have an alarm but he can't set it cos of his stoopid cats (sorry cat lovers but :)>>> )

I know they purely came here for the car (it's worth over £20k) but thought they may aswell take the other bits whilst they were there. I am just grateful they didn't come upstairs and that we were both oblivious to it.

It's really horrible isn't it. They'd be stupid to come back again so try not to make yourself paranoid about it.

I remember when I lived with my dad (just the two of us) and he was on holiday, I came home from work one afternoon and was just pottering around downstairs for about an hour doing housework when I thought I heard a noise upstairs. I got a bit freaked, looked around and noticed the kitchen window was open. Big brave girl that I am I fled the house! I returned later with the police and by then the back door was unlocked so there had been someone upstairs the whole time I was in and they left after I had ran away. Very scary.

My dad was a jeweller so I'm guessing it was someone that knew he was away, obviously not expecting me to be there and was trying to find his shop keys. Nothing was taken.

What about getting some alarms for the windows and doors hun.
They make a really horrid noise when they go off x

I'm so sorry to hear this hun, I really hope you are okay and that no one was hurt. Lets hope they catch the b*****d's who did this. x

Oh that's awful, I had my handbag stolen a few years ago, I chased the men and asked for it back but they drove off, afterwards I don't know how I did it, I was a quivering wreck. So I know how you feel its wretched angry, sad, frightened. Relax and try to put it behind you, give the piggies an extra long cuddle tonight.

Take care x

How awfull:(
You must be really nervous to think someone was in the house while you was asleep,
Police will be round and about now keeping a look i would of thought but still doesn't make you feel any better.Its getting near christmas now so the thugs and thieves will be out seeing what they can pinch.
What gives them thr right,and cant believe they took a window out so they must be pros at this,
Hope you feel better soon,sue,x

Thats awful, but am glad you are ok - apart from the shock - hope the police catch them.

My Aunt and Uncle have been broken into several times, we never have and hope we never are.

Can you or your landlord look at security lights if alarms are not possible with the cats?

Take care x

Sounds very frightening - you poor thing.

Did the police give your landlord any tips on making the house more secure? Perhaps your local Crime Prevention Officer could come round to advise.

As already mentioned, motion activated PIR lights sound like a good idea (assuming that the cats don't set them off every 5 mins or you'll never sleep!)

Hope you're feeling much better about it all soon. Take care x

I know they purely came here for the car (it's worth over £20k) but thought they may aswell take the other bits whilst they were there. I am just grateful they didn't come upstairs and that we were both oblivious to it.

I am sorry to hear that you have broken into, I can't begin to imagine how your feeling - it's one of my biggest fears. And not because I have anything worth taking, I've always said that they would feel sorry for me, and bring back a better telly for me. :)) But my cats are indoors, and I'm frightened that when someone breaks in that they escape.

And when I go to bed at night, because I'm such a deep sleeper, I barracade myself in my flat - I have stuff blocking both my front/back doors. Nuts I know, but I am paranoid about this.

Anyway, back to the fact that you had said that you think they were just after the car.......we've had warnings in our area from the Police as people are after 4x4's and will break into people's houses to get the keys to steal them.

Hope your feeling better. x

I"m so sorry to hear about this love...........rotten #*(#)%#%^) :)>>>mallethead

sending you HUGE HUGGLES AND LOVES all the way from oz
and the girls send you loads of loving WHEEEEEEEEEEEKS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ah thank you everyone. :)

We have both calmed down a bit now, still no sign of the car.

I had a date last night so wasn't in, but this morning I am not as nervous.

BTW the date has deleted me off facebook. {:|

Am I really that bad? :(|)

How awful! Thank goodness your ok, thats the main thing. My mums aunt was broken into a number of years ago they ranscaked the whole of down stairs while they were in bed, she soon got an alarm up as the only thing running through her mind is 'what if they had gone up stairs as I have to young daughter' its not to bare thinkin about.
As you were sayin that you cant have the alarm on because of the cats I heard a good tip the other day that I'm thinking of doin. Get a baby monitor, put one down stairs and one in your room that way if theyres a noise down stairs you can quickly ring the police and arm yourself if needed (just make sure you dont mistake the cats as a robber, if the cats are locked away in a room put the monitor in the other room)

Thank you. :)

Those cats are the bane of my life. Just think if it wasn't for them, the robbers could have been scared off.

I am just thankful they found the key though cos they wanted that car bad enough to come upstairs and threaten us for the key if they couldn't find it. They had been sizing the place up. :(

It was in the local paper tonight, they mentioned me getting my handbag back! :(|)

Came down this morning to find the window had been taken out and the door wide open. My bag was gone, my landlord's car and laptop, somehow they didn't spot mine.

I was so shook up, neighbours said 4 men were lurking the other night. They are targeting the nice areas of Preston, didn't think it would ever happen to me. :(

A kind lady found my bag dumped and the Police came with it, just took £13 from my bag and that is it.

I have to say the police man interviewing me was fooking gorgeous, but married. He is sooooooo gorgeous. Anyway...just thought I would share it with you, we spent about 2 hours with the police and the forensics have just been. I am still shook up. Do you think I should take the rest of the day off?

Oh my how awful! Hope you are feeling a little calmer now.. I couldn't imagine what that must be like xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back