• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

We were broken into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Came down this morning to find the window had been taken out and the door wide open. My bag was gone, my landlord's car and laptop, somehow they didn't spot mine.

I was so shook up, neighbours said 4 men were lurking the other night. They are targeting the nice areas of Preston, didn't think it would ever happen to me. :(

A kind lady found my bag dumped and the Police came with it, just took £13 from my bag and that is it.

I have to say the police man interviewing me was fooking gorgeous, but married. He is sooooooo gorgeous. Anyway...just thought I would share it with you, we spent about 2 hours with the police and the forensics have just been. I am still shook up. Do you think I should take the rest of the day off?

O no how awful, you must have got such a fright! I would say take the day off!

Hope you are ok x

I agree withTwoPiggies. I would take the rest of the day off, my mother got broken into once, because it makes you feel like it's not your home anymore. Or atleast that's what she said it makes you feel like. Think about it this way though, atleast no one was hurt right? xx

Ok, you have twisted my arm. ;)

No seriously I feel quite numb, like the shock hasn't set in yet so going to work may not be a good idea.

My landlord is considering selling up cos of this, he is going through a nasty divorce anyway.

It is frightening thinking that they could have come upstairs/had a knife etc. :(

Blimey, how horrendous. I would take the day off, you probably have to get a lot of stuff sorted – insurance, locks etc?
A lady I work with had her home broken into last month, they took jewellery that belonged to her mum, sentimental value, it left her feeling pretty shocked.
(Good job you had a hot policeman though :)) to take your mind off things for a bit . . . )
Hope everything gets sorted and you're ok! x

how awful :( that would scare me
least the policeman was hot :))

hope it goes well catching them

how awful :( that would scare me
least the policeman was hot :))

hope it goes well catching them

Must be scary to think someone was in your house whilst you slept:( I've been beenbroken into and I hope I never am, I think my mom was once when she lived in the flats when I was little but she was out and they just took the TV. My sister left the door unlocked, we were the 3rd floor of a flat too ¬_¬ (top floor)

Just do whatever you feel to make yourself feel safe again, remember you must keep things out of the view of the window but I wouldn't take them to your room, it's best they take them from downstairs and don't bother with you at all.

*hugs*

Must be scary to think someone was in your house whilst you slept:( I've been beenbroken into and I hope I never am, I think my mom was once when she lived in the flats when I was little but she was out and they just took the TV. My sister left the door unlocked, we were the 3rd floor of a flat too ¬_¬ (top floor)

Just do whatever you feel to make yourself feel safe again, remember you must keep things out of the view of the window but I wouldn't take them to your room, it's best they take them from downstairs and don't bother with you at all.

*hugs*

sorry to hear you've been broken in to, People like that are scum.
Last sunday night well early hours of monday morning I was half asleep and woke up to hear someone trying my back door handle, I laid there a bit scared but my boyfriend flew downstairs with a cricket bat, the dogs were going mental.
Whoever it was had climbed over my back gate and tried my door heard the comotion and tried to leg it through the hedge, they've ripped my curtains on the gazebo surrounding the guinea pig hutches.
1st thing monday morning I was out checking the hutches to make sure they were all ok (thank god they were).

Oh god hun, how awful!
I would get home, lock up and have a stiff drink.
(((hugs))) x

how awful!

So sorry :( hope ** ok

I cant help but wonder when i hear things like this what would happen if you had a dog... a pet dog that would do any harm...

***cuddles her 9yr old cavalier king charles***8...

Such horrible people out there:(:(:(

I am lucky my pooch isn't living here. When you see pedigree dogs, you see pound signs, he could have been taken too. :( 8... :(

My landlord is out now and I am so scared on my own, he has shut all the blinds. He is obviously feeling scared himself. I am going out tonight but I am so scared that I won't be able to sleep anymore. :(

When you hear stories like this, you don't think much of it because it happens so much, but when you face it yourself, it destroys you.

How awful! some people are so horrid, all that to take £13.00 from your bank :{ the main thing is your ok :) going out tonight might take your mind off it a bit, the stiff drink sounds good too!

Rachel x

Thanks everyone for your support. :)

It's just one thing after another at the moment for me.

I got a text off my boss saying not to worry about today and hopes I'm ok, which I thought was nice as she can be a bit :o sometimes. lol.

Oh well, I got my bag back and they didn't take my laptop. 8:)

sorry to hear your got broken into, it must have been horrible - i got broke into once years ago when i was in a flat and they just walked in and took my wallets and coat - i felt awful - glad you are ok and they didn't get away with much. I hope to god we never get broken into here, though my 3 dogs would hopefully stop them getting through the window!

Thanks. :)

I am just scared they will come back. As the stolen car was a company car, they immediately replaced it, what if they see that too?

It is obviously a planned thing as we live on a very quiet windy cul de sac. Not somewhere you can see from the main road. That is the scary thing, they have been spying on us. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back