• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wedding dress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To get some more money, I have offered to sell my wedding dress.

Mike wont let me! Ok, I would love not to, but it's not like I'm going to wear it again!

I paid £700 for it, so at a push I could maybe get £500 on ebay? He wont even think about it.

Please give me your views..

I want to sell my wedding dress too for the same reason as you. It's been sitting in a bag for nearly 4 years now and hasn't seen the light of day. I designed it myself so its unique but it'll cost over £40 to get it cleaned before I sell it and we can't afford that. I paid £750 for mine.
So I would say go for it. But your Mike sounds like a sentimental soul and you should take his feelings into consideration

aww that sounds great, where's your piccies? ;D

I wont do yet, still working on him - it would help heaps!

*urgh* piccies. I hate the piccies. I can't look at them. I tried to put them in the album a few years ago but had to stop cos they are so incredibly horrible.

Yes £500 for a piece of material that you'll never wear again would really come in handy. You would be better off selling it to a shop though rather than ebay. I investigated this a couple of years ago and they don't really sell on there.

Pleeeaassee? Just me then? I bet you look gorgeous - no-one likes their own photos

True - gonna work on it. Ebay as well takes some of the profit, so can forget to sell it there.

Over the weekend I'll try to find a good one and I will post it on here cos I should go on the rogues gallery really and they are the best pics taken of me even if they are horrid. ;D

Did you buy yours off the peg or did you get it made?

LOL - yay

kinda off the peg - was shown the teeny version (size 14), then had the dress made against my sizes all the way in London!

Oh der of course I have - I'm a silly billy ain't I? You looked lovely babe.

Mine was midnight blue with lilac embroidery on the bodice. I had 4 bridesmaids - 2 in lilac and 2 in silver - they looked beautiful.

aww that sounds lovely. My 2 little bridesmaids were in Lilac and my aunt was matron of honour.

I wanted a red and gold dress but my mum said it was my first and hopefully only wedding, so should be the white virginal bride! yeah right ;)

Oh wow red and gold would have looked so fab on you. I was toying with red but then I saw the blue. White was never an option

I had it all mapped out and the right dress - but my mum was funny! I paid for the dress anyway!

£750 for a dress *faints!* i thought that £250 for a prom dress was bad woh! i personally wouldnt sell my prom dress, i dont no how sentimental a wedding dress is but even though its unlikely ill wear my dress again i wouldnt sell it even if i was living in a cardboard box with just the guineas and my dress lol but thats just because i love it nad i loved my prom becasue noone bullied me or was mean for once out of 5 years! it just makes me happy. thats my opinion x

yes thanx love. It does have sentimental value - but I also have memories and lots of photo too.

At the moment the dress is in the box at the bottom of my wardrobe, never to be seen again. So it's not really going to be missed.

DebbieR said:
Over the weekend I'll try to find a good one and I will post it on here cos I should go on the rogues gallery really and they are the best pics taken of me even if they are horrid. ;D

Wow Kell your powers of persuasion are good, I've tried and got a resounding No No and can I say it again No. LOL

Will be good to see a pic Deb, we don't give two hoots what you look like, or what you think you look like!

We luv you because you're you ;D x x

I've got the power! LOL

We sure do love you Deb :-*

even if you've got 6 ears, 3 legs and a beard! ;D

It would be great to see you, Deb!

As for the wedding dress problem, Kelly, I get so ridiculously attached to items (some of the sillier were - bus tickets, a paper bay, a cabury's caramel wrapper) I could not sell a wedding dress.

However ;D I don't ever intend to get married so it won't be a problem fpr me ;D

Wise not to get married.

But dont sale your wedding dress. You might regret it. I know I would but i would part from mine. I had a white wedding dress even though i got married in the Caribbean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back