• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Wedding Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:)

I sort of just needed to rant yesterday, I wasnt really prepared for all those lovely wonderful replies!
I am glad there are people like you out there and I am surprised how many of you have an actual interest in the going ons in the life of someone they have never even met...

But you asked, and so youll get it ;) My wedding plans.

Um.. maybe first of all some information about us?

I met my boyfriend over the internet (of course ;) ), in a lord of the rings forum actually. Heh I was such an Orlando Bloom Fangirl, I just had to :P So we started talking, and after half a year he decided hed treat himself to a very special birthday present - he booked a flight to Germany to come and see me.
From then on we were a couple. <3
I went to visit him a couple of times in the UK, but we soon realised that it wasnt enough for us to see each other only every other month, and our wallets werent happy either.. so in June 2005, I moved to England.

Well, and now I'm here, and we want to get married :)

We have planned a medieval / fantasy - themed wedding. So we will get married at the registrars, and then drive to the ruins of Sheriff Hutton Castle, which is near York and about 20 minutes from where we live.
My sister and his brother will read a sort of mock celtic ceremony (sort of a pagan ceremony, I found it on the internet and made minor changes to it, but I just love the Avalon books from Marion Zimmer Bradley and there are just bits in it that remind me of those books so I HAD to have that ceremony :P ), we will most likely have some live medieval music playing, photographer will take pictures.. then after a couple of hours we will drive to a nice little pub in Scagglethorpe, and have a meal, and the cake, and be merry :)

DCP_2114.jpg

DCP_2140.jpg

^-- thats the ruins were going to have our wedding at --^

hamandcheese.jpg

^-- and this is the ham and cheese, the pub we will have our reception at --^

And if I get my way, this will be the topper for the wedding cake:

bestfr.jpg

I mean, dragons, what would suit a medieval wedding better? ::)

He is complaining its "too cute", I think I have to dig out the thread of someone in this forum who had a guinea pig wedding topper - that will scare him so much that he will probably agree to the dragons straightaway hehe ^_^

Castle looks great. When is the happy day going to be?

The cake top dragons made me smile :) I'd love to see the guinea pig topper where is it on the site?

4th of August 2007 - so I have some time to go yet :) But seeing how early venues and photographers are booked out around here, we had to start planning early!

I have no clue where exactly on this forum the piggie topper was, its probably somewhere in the chit chat section.. Ill have a look for you :)

//EDIT: >>there<< you go, kaoskat is the lucky one :)

Thanks i followed the link.Had seen them before but hadn't realized they were toppers for a cake!

We guinea pig lovers are totally mad :D

August next year will come round soon enough and yes you have to book early.

Hubby and i have been married 16 years now and still remember our wedding day fondly.

you have had some great ideas and we love to hear about a wedding but you will now have to keep updating us as we are a nosy lot! the cake toppers a great idea and i love the venues, just remember its your day and will be with you for life, so you do exactly what you want and tell who ever you want,
I have been on the end of some harsh words on a forum a while ago and it shut down so goes to show some have some nasty people >:( in them causing misery to normal innocent and like me and you genuinly nice people, ;)
take no notice its their loss, we have got you now lol. :P
I can talk the hind legs off of a donkey and love to hear about peoples lives, I've been married over 27 years and remember the day like it was yesterday, so dont let them nasties ruin it for you, remember what goes around comes around, ;)

I love your plans! Going to the ruins is a brilliant idea.......and really special. :)

I also met my hubby on the internet.....5 years ago today!

Love the cake topper. We had a hot chick and horny devil topper with legs that dangled over the edge of the cake. I love anything different! Keep us all updated on your plans

love manda xxxxxxx

The ruins look lovely. I love ruins. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

Oh wow it looks like its going to be amazing! You lucky things!

The ruins look fantastic and I think the cake toppers would look ace! :) The whole day you've planned just sounds really magical :)

Have you picked your dress yet and are you having bridesmaids?

x

Wow I didn't realise so many people meet on the Internet!

Congratulations (a bit early maybe) and I hope it goes well.

Interesting that you moved over from Germany. How are you finding it? Which part of Germany are you from?

Wenn Du Lust hast, mit jemandem auf Deutsch zu reden, sag es mir!

@michellemuffin: hehe, Karma :P ;)

@amanda: LOL! Do you have a picture of that? Sounds bizarre... did you put an actual chicken topper on there to symbolise you as the hot chick? Would love to see a photograph of that cake...

@carrot_tit: I quite agree! Thats what I love most about living in England. So far we have only been to Kirkham Priory, Sheriff Hutton Castle and Scarborough Castle, but there are so many more around here that I have enough to visit for the next YEARS! :)
I love taking pictures of them aswell...

@SweetEdge: I wont have bridesmaids as such. (What exactly is their role anyway, apart from holding my flowers if I am busy with something else..) If I would have some, they still wouldnt wear matching clothing.. Most of my friend do some sort of Fantasy live-roleplay, so they already have dresses, and as they can be quite expensive I wouldnt want them to buy another one just so that they match..

I have bought a pattern for my dress already, and an ex-workcolleague(sp) wants to sew it for me, she is quite good, did the wedding dress for her daughters aswell.

cutout.jpg

I am wondering right now though if she maybe could change the sleeves from the way they are on the pattern, to something more like this:

vp4.jpg

I want my dress to be dark blue, I was thinking about having white sleeves, but seeing this purple dress I am wondering if I should go for completely blue. :)

It certainly is :)
I too love the ruins, your day sounds magical Ulrike, many congrats to you both :)

Your plans sound wonderful! We got married at Newstead Abbey in Nottingham and had friends read a couple of poems and a friend from uni played the music and it was exactly what we wanted. My inlaws are really religious and were disappointed we weren't having a church wedding but afterwards even they said it had been lovely.

My advice is stick to what you want, which it sounds like you are anyway, and ENJOY IT. So many of my friends have been so stressed out with the plans and then with the day being 'perfect' they forgot to have a good time. We had a fantastic party, a barndance, and all our friends came and not that many relations, absolutely perfect. I still look back and wish we could do it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back