• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

FlannelPig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My wife and i were at our local shelter, walking around and looking at the cats. Toward the end out the hallway there was a tiny, 5 month old kitten taking a nap. When we got closer, she meowed and attempted to get up... but stumbled a little bit. My wife, a zoologist, immediately recognized that she had Cerebellar Hypoplasia (also known as wobbly kitten syndrome). After realizing this, we knew we had to rescue her... so often CH kitties aren't given proper care for their disabilities or are passed up for adoption all together. Through the adoption process we learned that she was apparently returned to the shelter (most likely when her walking difficulties surfaced), her previous owner had her front paws declawed, but most importantly... she is the sweetest cat in the world.

Introducing Weeble :D! We have also started a youtube channel for her to keep up on her progress, feel free to stop by! Weeble the Wobble Cat
Weebs.jpg

I love her name! She is such a stunning mew mew and I really hate it when people declaw their cats :hb:.

Edit: I just watched her video, she is so heart meltingly adorable!

Seriously! Like -_- dont ever declaw your cats but ESPECIALLY when this little baby has trouble walking lol she needs the grip...

What a beautiful cat! It makes me sad (and so mad) that people de-claw cats :-(

I made friends with a cat that looked very like her tonight. Was walking back to my car and it followed me all the way and tried to get in! Was *very* careful pulling out of my space!

She is gorgeous! Well done on giving her a loving home!

Why on earth do people get their cat's declawed? It surely is cruel?
It’s still very much “the norm” in the US. I’m not sure why is started but I always feel bad for the cats because the can’t grip or climb well and do what cats like to do. It would be like cutting your fingers off at the top knuckle :soz:.

Maybe one day it will be phased out. It is illegal here, as is docking dogs tails and cutting dogs ears so they stand upwards. It’s seen as purely cosmetic and is a big no no. Again the US is yet to catch up there. Hopefully soon :nod:

Back