• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

weird symptoms

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and as usual I went to get Oliver and changed his nappy. Except that I couldn't, I physically couldn't... I couldn't see, it was all white in front of my eyes... I thought it would pass and as I often change nappies in the dark, I carried on undeterred, still I couldn't, my hands were shaking uncontrollably and I couldn't hold a grasp. I started feeling really nauseous and panicky and weak at the knees but obviously I couldn't leave bambino half-buffed on top of the changing unit... anyway, OH eventually alerted by my pacnicked groans came to help. Immediately he said that I looked awful, kind of green!
Anyway, I took some tablets all day and have felt reasonably human but I'm really worried about thhis episode... Any ideas?

hmm did * get up fast? sometimes *** can either lower or higher your blood pressure lol *** remember which, and that can make you feel faint! I get it alot! *** stand up fast or I'm out cold x

Hi MrsM

Sorry to hear you had this episode you must have been so scared :(

I work in the Eye Department I would suggest you see your Optician as they can tell loads of things looking into your eyes. Did you have any other symptoms like a cobweb effect around the eye or a migraine after this episode?Any pain in/around the eye can you see now how long did the episode last?

Sorry to bombard you with questions xx

It could either be a panic attack or your eyes.
Best to see your gp (((hugs))) xx

hey...

I had been feeling under the weather for some time, kind of mild flu symptoms that come and go, stubborn mouth ulcers and swollen neck glands now and again.

no migrain today but I do get stress migraine often at work but they disappear with paracetamol tabs.

I can't say that I have pain in my eyes, or any other symptoms... it was so wierd though cos OH was trying to hrlp with the nappy but as the light was out he couldn't really see... so I wanted to go turn it on, and it was like I was drunk, I had programmed my brain for the journey to the switch but I kept walking into my OH (who thought I was being rude), and I couldn't understand why the way wasn't clear.

As i am feeling really crook still tonight, I'm going to go to the GP's tomorrow...

Thinking back, the mild panick attack (shortness of breath, wheezy, panicked...)was triggered by the first symptoms but I have been thinking about it all day and I got really scared that I was having a stoke. Worst of all was that I couldn't attend to my baby and I ccouldn't really ask for help legibly... I was groaning and repeating 'I can't do it, I can't see, it's all white'. My hear were ringing, like an effervescent tablet in water and I felt so sick... how I wasn't actually sick is a miracle.

Hi MrsM

Sorry to hear you had this episode you must have been so scared :(

I work in the Eye Department I would suggest you see your Optician as they can tell loads of things looking into your eyes. Did you have any other symptoms like a cobweb effect around the eye or a migraine after this episode?Any pain in/around the eye can you see now how long did the episode last?

Sorry to bombard you with questions xx

I have no idea how long it lasted. My OH kept telling me to go lie down but I couldn't leave bambino... :( and then I was on autopilot, so I went down to make baby some milk... I don't remember if I could see then... I remember my drink of berroca or was that later... I can't remember.

I did have a drink the night before, but the shakes weren't like that, it was very irregular and like mouvements more than shakes, like clicking your fingers-type mvt...

I get migraines and ocassionally get symptoms in my eyes but a migraine never appears. Sometimes I lose my peripheral vision and sometimes my eyeballs seem to ache when I move my eyes around. I also suffer from low BP which can really affect your eyesight, and if you're poorly anyway perhaps your BP is a bit high or low? I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but I'm glad you're seeling your GP and make sure he looks into the backs of your eyes :)

Hi MrsM, hope you are feeling better.

Dont know if this is any help at all, but a couple of people where i work have come in feeling sick, weary and shaking within the last week (they all strangely had indigestion symptoms too).

One of the girls in our office shot off to the loo in the early hours to be sick and with the rush of blood to her head she blacked out and fell against the wall and now has a mahooooooosive black eye. When she came in to work the next day (god only knows why) she was literally shaking like a leaf, it was awful to watch her.

Anyway, she went to her dogs and they said it is a virus and to rest up for two days.

Anyway, take care xxxxx x>>

my mum suffers with meniere's syndrome and has these same symptoms, but she also has real bad dizziness, i would urge you to see your GP as if it is this you will need tablets to help with the symptoms...

typical signs are

wish washy feelings,

ringing in the ears,

dizziness,

feeling of been pulled down to the floor,

loss of bodily function,

feeling sick,

sometimes the runs after an episode,

drop attacks,

unable to walk after a attack,

stress can bring an attack on, and also bending head down can make you dizzy

its all to do with the fluid in the middle ear mixing with another type of fluid in the ear which causes all these problems.

if it is meniere's syndrome there is no cure but it can be controlled with diet change IE, low salt, caffeine...

other causes is low blood pressure, low sugar level..

please get it checked out asap x

Last edited:
just taken my temp: 38.1 (in ear)... sorry to be gore, but I'll double check with baby's own thermometer which goes in the other end.. :(

I've had strange stomach burning sensations, a bit like when I had a mini depression in high school and wasn't eating well, my stomach would just burn (I mean the organ, not the whole tummy area). I think I am eating well, although I love my coffee (no more than 3 mugs a day though - of the real stuff) and I know I have been drinking too much of late (only 2 small glasses last night).

Claire, what do you mean by wish washy feeling? I have been very unhappy at work, it that it? So much so that I am keeping out of all social ventures with the staff... I thought I was just being srong minded.@)

wishy wash feeling, (like your on a boat moving up and down)

you have a slight temp, so I'm wondering if you have an infection some where, ask the Dr to do a full blood culture and count, this will say if your white blood cells are up which can indicate infection

avoid ibuprofen if you are having tummy problems...

take some paracetamol

Good advice from everyone Audrey.......so glad you'll be going to the docs in the morning

HUGE HUGE HEALING LOVES AND WHEEEEEEEKY KISSES FROM THE GIRLS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm on my own with baby tomorrow and the minder is full up on Mondays... :(

yes, Momma, I promise! (although you're 3 years younger....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back