We've set a date for our wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm super excited. We went to view a venue today and just knew it was "the one" so have booked it for the 12th November 2010 ( yes I know I've only given myself 9 months or so to get everything sorted! ) They had a fantastic offer on that we just couldn't pass on, it was a saving of £2000 on their normal prices so rather than pay all that extra money to get married a few months later ( we were looking at March next year originally ) we thought sod it, we'll just go for it!

If anyones interested in having a look here's the website http://www.kirkleyhall.co.uk/

Off to bounce around the room a bit more!

Reaction score
woohoo!thats great news! :(|)

what a fabulous venue it looks stunning - you will be absolutely fine with only nine months to plan and you will both have a fantastic day!

hope the room is not spinning now you have been bouncing round it lol xx

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Haha I've opened a bottle of wine so I'm going to chill out with that. It really is beautiful, the offer we're going for is on the site '2011 for £2011' which is a fantastic offer for that type of venue, we'll have more guests so will be paying extra towards that but even so it's half the price of others we've looked at.

I'm now just looking at everything else I need to organise. Thankfully I've got friends and family who I'm going to be roping in to help me out!

Reaction score
fantastic offer and as you say even with patying that little bit extra its still a cracking deal :)

Yes rope friends and family in thats what we did lol my husband and I were so laid back it stresssed the mums out :)) x

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well I'm usually a control freak and super organised ( I'm terrible for having lists for everything! ) so actually just going for it like that is completely out of character for me! But all my family are dying to help, and my best friend works for Moss Bros so she can get me 50% discount on the suit hire :)

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm super excited. We went to view a venue today and just knew it was "the one" so have booked it for the 12th November 2010 ( yes I know I've only given myself 9 months or so to get everything sorted! ) They had a fantastic offer on that we just couldn't pass on, it was a saving of £2000 on their normal prices so rather than pay all that extra money to get married a few months later ( we were looking at March next year originally ) we thought sod it, we'll just go for it!

If anyones interested in having a look here's the website http://www.kirkleyhall.co.uk/

Off to bounce around the room a bit more!

Congrats! I presume you mean 2011 I hope;)

Looks a fantastic place, if you need any advice just let me know! as I have arranged two weddings:))

also pm me if your after any flower girl assessories, etc and I'll give you my website and a good price as I run a bridal site:))

lovelygirl

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Congrats! I am getting married in august and you have plenty of time to plan a wedding i know people who did it in 4 months!

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow it looks fab :)
You will do it no problem. We booked our wedding in Aug to get married the following April x

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Congratulation's!

I too think you mean 2011 and not 2010 :)) Otherwise that would have left you with no months of planning! Haha

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oooo what a fabulous gorgeous venue, congratulations you must be super excited :)) :))

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oops yeah I meant 2011, I was just so excited to tell you all!

Thanks lily, that would be great if you could email me the link and I'll take a look :)

I was texting my cousin last night and she's been to a wedding their before and said it was fab and the service etc was really good which is reassuring. For some reason the venue doesn't seem to advertise much, most people I've told have never heard of it which I can't understand why as it's a stunning venue. I only found it by chance as it was listed on a wedding site, just by searching for wedding venues in the area it never came up. I think they only hold a small number of weddings ( by the looks of the diary when we were there 1 a week ) so maybe they don't need to advertise. It's also council owned as it's part of the college so I think thats why it's cheaper. Another similar hall we looked at wanted £10,000 just to hire the place!

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wow, it looks amazing! How exciting!
I'm going to try and plan mine for summer 2012...I'm so unorganised that I need a lot of time to sort things out :))
Have you got your dress, etc yet? I can't wait for that part! :(|)

jomad1000

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Congrats. The place looks stunning.

I suggest getting your dress sorted soon, as some shops charge a rush service if they have less than 6 months between ordering and the wedding. (This is to ensure that the dresses are there in time)

I made that mistake and ended up paying extra for my dress and the bridesmaid dresses (from same shop) as I only had 4 months between ordering and when they were needed.

Reaction score
Well I'm usually a control freak and super organised ( I'm terrible for having lists for everything! )

Trust me, as someone who has recently got married and did all the planning work, lists are the way forward..

... so long as you actually do the stuff on them :-P

I agree on what someone else said about dresses... get out and trying them on now!

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've got absolutely nothing yet, I had no idea we'd actually book anything, and if we did that it would be such short notice! I'm in a bit of a quandry about my dress as I need to lose alot of weight so don't want to buy one whilst I'm still the size I am but I don't want to leave it last minute either. Though I would have thought 6 months was loads of time, shows how little I know about weddings!

Reaction score
They can always take it in a bit at the fittings if necessary, better to have too much material than not enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.