• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What A Poop Of A Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I started Monday evening with a pain under my right shoulder blade & thought i'd got a chill from the open window. It hurt like hell so went to bed with a hottie bottle on it. It was still hurting today & as i have drips for my psoriasis, i thought i'd best ring the gp for some antibiotics (now thinking it's a chest infection) as the hosp can't give the drip if there's any sort of infection.
The doc said my chest was rattly & sent me to A & E to rule out pleurisy or a blood clot.
I've spent all day there >:( All tests/x ray were ok but white cells were slightly raised pointing to an infection. They also decided to do a special test to check how my blood clots. It clotted before it got to the lab so had to be repeated & unfortunately came back positive :(
They were going to keep me in but then said i could go back tom for a CT scan or a VQ Scan which gives better results. They don't think it's a blood clot but treated me as if it is & gave me an injection to thin my blood.

What a week for this to happen, my mum & bro are on holiday, i'm looking after & feeding my mums cats then there's my friends cats (looking to be rehomed) who i'm also feeding, there's the piggies in wakefield tomorrow, but got them sorted, the OH & a friend will pick them up if i can't.

I was ready to burst into tears if they'd said they were keeping me in & had my speech rehearsed; "i can't because i have guinea pigs to feed, a dog with epilepsy & 6 guinea pigs to rescue tomorrow so you see i can't stay" :D
Luckily the doc must've seen the look on my face & said i didn't have to. Bad thing now is i have to be there at 8 in the morning for another day of it :( I'm soooo not impressed!

Thanks for listening to me, just needed to get that off my chest :)

Niki, hope you're feeling better today, things always come at the wrong time don't they?

Kathryn xx

awwwww Niki.... :(

<<<BIG HUGS>>>

I really hope everything is ok and you're feeling better today x

Trace x

Hope today goes a bit better, good luck at the hospital :)

Ahh Niki that's rotten. I'm so sorry you're having a bad time at the moment.
Good luck at the hosp. I hope it goes well :)

Thank you everyone, your gud luck wishes have worked :D
I don't have a clot - hurrah. They think it's probably a bad viral infection & if it doesn't clear in 2 days to see my gp for antibiotics. ;D

Hope all is well, Niki. we all have those poop days. Ive had one all week so far! :D

I am really pleased that it isn't a clot too! :)

Hope that the viral infection clears up soon and that you feel much better too!

Phew, pleased to hear that it wasn't a clot :)

Take care of yourself regardless and try and relax a little if and when you can!

Barbara

so glad you are alright I had my poo day last week I had 3 tests at the hospital on the same day, blood chest xray and digital eye test for diabetes, the drops damn near blinded me,
mind you tonight my 2 year old grandaughter Kassidy decieded to throw our new sony handy cam and smashed it, everyone went silent.... thank goodness its covered for accidental damage, little madam,fingers crossed when her new sisters born in Decemeber she does'nt throw her, and these horrid daddy long legs are annoying me big time.

squeakypigs said:
I am really pleased that it isn't a clot too! :)

Hope that the viral infection clears up soon and that you feel much better too!
cavykind said:
Phew, pleased to hear that it wasn't a clot :)

Take care of yourself regardless and try and relax a little if and when you can!

Barbara
Abnoba said:
phew! thank god :)

Thank you everyone :)
The only down side is i won't be having my infusion next week because of it & i really need it - the psoriasis is flaring good style :(
Mindst you i can cope with that & now i have 2 more beautiful new babies to distract me :)

michellemuffin said:
so glad you are alright I had my poo day last week I had 3 tests at the hospital on the same day, blood chest xray and digital eye test for diabetes, the drops damn near blinded me,
mind you tonight my 2 year old grandaughter Kassidy decieded to throw our new sony handy cam and smashed it, everyone went silent.... thank goodness its covered for accidental damage, little madam,fingers crossed when her new sisters born in Decemeber she does'nt throw her, and these horrid daddy long legs are annoying me big time.

Thanks Michelle.
Aint hospitals great?!
I can just picture the scene when the handy cam went skyward :-X
Oh & i'm with you on the daddy long legs - i have an intense dislike for them :o

The saga continues............

I was woken at 2 this morning with intense pain in my chest & had to get up, caught my foot on the dogs bean bag & oh my, shooting pains in my chest, back & neck made me scream!
I woke the whole house & just couldn't catch my breath.
Snoopy (my OH) was beside himself & got his daughter to ring an ambulance, they wanted to take me back to St James Hospital (where i'd been). No way was i going back there after the way i'd been treated. >:(
They were v.understanding & said to ring the emerg doc for painkillers, by this time my breathing was like a steam train & they advised me to go to the Infirmary (where i've been going since i was a child).
Got there at approx 2.30, had an ECG slapped on me, they thought i was having a heart attack as i was clutching at my chest!
OMG the pain, i couldn't sit, lay, stand......... a healthcare assistant tried to put a canula in my wrist & failed, then tried again on my wrist bone - i almost came off the bed, i didn't know which hurt most, her digging around & grating on my bone or my chest, neck, back.
I burst into tears. Painkillers arrived quickly :)
I finally saw a doctor at 6.45 who sent me for a chest x-ray. The conclusion at 8am; a severe chest infection on the right hand side of my chest (don't say) not helped by my dampened immune system (due to my drip) He gave me 2 lots of antibiotics (large doses of each), painkillers & said "you're going to be in pain for at least a week"
Oh & he's not wrong! I can't laugh, cough, burp or move quickly without shooting pains :(

Now i'm in a right quandry. I've only had 3 infusions (1st one was in June) for my skin & it does work. After the 2nd one i pricked my finger on a piece of chicken wire & ended up at A & E with a hand the size of an inflated rubber glove & was given antibiotics & now this.

I'm seriously thinking about giving up on the infusions eventhough they do work. My psoriasis hurts when it flares but i know what to expect from it, this is way too painful.

If you were me, in my position, what would you do?
My OH aint too good on giving an opinion, he'd just go with what i want. My mum's not here, she's on holiday so i can't ask her; she always gives good impartial advice & my derm consultant will try to persuade me to stay with them as my skin is his concern, obviously.

I'm feeling so crappity today & don't know what to do with myself :'( so i'd really appreciate someone giving me some advice

Niki

PS Sorry for going on :(

Hi Niki,

I'm Sue - I would stick with the infusions once you have finished the antibiotics because I suffer with skin problems (I have Lupus) and I know that if you find something that eases itching and tenderness and soreness on your skin its worth it. So I'd just be patient, take it easy you have to any way with a chest infection and finish the course then continue your infusions. As I say if you find something that actually works then stick with it! I've had so many different pills and treatments for skin problems and joint pains etc when something works its sooooooo worth it!
To be honest what I know about immune systems if they are weakened in the first place (My white blood cells fight amongst themselves rather than fight any new infections so antibiotics are useless to me) antibiotics don't really help your immune systems, and also if your immune system is weakened then your drip must be some kinda steroid? You can bolster your immune system naturally with lots of fresh fruit and veg and herbal supplements.

When your chest is better maybe try one more drip and see how it goes............

Good luck!

Hi cavylover,

I have a friend who has lupus :( i met in her in hospital over 10 years ago :)

My drip is called Infliximab, it's used for the treatment of Crohns Disease & Rheumatoid Arthritis and is known as a biologic.
Psoriasis is now known to be an auto-immune disease, the body is making new skin because it thinks it's damaged & it's not.

I know what you're saying about finding what works, it's taken 33 years to get here, i can cope with the psoriasis but not this - i've never known pain like it. :(

The infusion "turns off" the skin cells & also the cancer preventing cells but i'm not one for reading side effects so this doesn't worry me. It's the constant infections, i had my 1st infusion in June, after the 2nd one i pricked my finger on some chicken wire & ended up with a hand the size of an inflated rubber glove & now this.

I'm at a loss as to what to do & am getting mad at myself & of course because i have an infection the psoriasis is already flaring (it doesn't take long) :(

I think that's what i will do, have one more and see & thanks for taking the time to give me your opinion, i really appreciate it :)

Oh Niki, you poor darling! Big hugs! ((((Niki))))

I agree with Sue that maybe you should have one more treatment. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back