• Dying, terminal illness and euthanasia: New sensitive support guide for guinea pig owners Please Click Here

What are you doing for Valentine’s Day?

Rivervixen

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am home alone with my piggies! I did a quick shop on the way home for a bottle of wine on special offer, a nice soup and bread, and some piggy and hamster and snail veg for dinner... babycorn, mangetout and cucumber ... but I wondered at the time about the odd look the teenager on the checkout gave me while telling me to "have a good evening"... on reflection I think perhaps buying a cucumber along with a single person dinner on Valentine's day may have given a different impression from the most obvious "my snails are hungry" interpretation! Dirty minded young man!
Made me go into a coughing fit :))

Darcey15

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
My lively 10 year old has another lively 10 year old staying for a sleep over, so I'm expecting to be kept awake till 2am, but not in a good way :)) They're having fun though.
Good luck with that! My 10 year old had some pals for a sleepover last weekend (all boys)...I'm still recovering 🙄

Darcey15

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I'm single so am spending the evening with my rescue piggies and bunny . They eat the the crunchy veg and I get to eat the chocolates I bought for myself but pretended they sent them. Sad but true. Happy Valentines day to everyone :)
I'll send you some of this cake I just made....though not sure whether its a treat or a punishment

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Drinking the wine my husband bought me along with a big bag of midget gems (my favourite!). I only got him a card as we've all been ill this week & I forgot so now quickly baking a cake & making it look valentines related.....not sure it will but I shall try!
Haha I’m sat here eating Midget Gems too! they are my favourite, but why did they change the black ones from liquorice?

Darcey15

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Haha I’m sat here eating Midget Gems too! they are my favourite, but why did they change the black ones from liquorice?
Ha ha thats funny - great minds! 🤩 There is a sweet shop in Lancashire which does the originals, with licourice blacks. I pick them out for my mum as I'm not a fan unless its the stick version (spanish) in a bag of kayli...

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Ha ha thats funny - great minds! 🤩 There is a sweet shop in Lancashire which does the originals, with licourice blacks. I pick them out for my mum as I'm not a fan unless its the stick version (spanish) in a bag of kayli...
The liquorice are my favourites Lion Brand do them!
The boys are less fussy, they are having grass!04F514B1-EFB2-4B46-B823-67E135C14046.jpeg