• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What can i give Ruby?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

Ruby is my nans piggie and when i saw her yesterday she seems to be in pain when she pees plus her pee seems really dark in colour, i was wondering if there are some thing i could get for her to say put in her water or syringe into her to get rid of anything nasty?

bevs

Reaction score
Cranberry Juice great for urinary problems, not sure about the amount to put in the water or whether you give it straight but i'll have a mooch around the forum it's here somewhere :)

bevs

Reaction score
General opinion seems to be that you give it non diluted.

Also Kate said on another thread that you can syringe feed Cysteme a human cystitis treatment :)

Abnoba

Reaction score
Verity said:
Ruby is my nans piggie and when i saw her yesterday she seems to be in pain when she pees plus her pee seems really dark in colour, i was wondering if there are some thing i could get for her to say put in her water or syringe into her to get rid of anything nasty?
In humans, dark pee would usually mean they are not drinking enough, therefore its too concentrated, can cause bad pain because it burns when they wee.. have you been to see a vet? poss. bladder infection, maybe?

I had one once, and believe me it is HELL, the pain everytime you go to the loo is just so bad...

G

gothchick1515

My nans vet is in waterlooville around a 45 trip and she has no transport so we would have to go on a day my mum could take her, ill try the cranberry juice and maybe look at hte bottle as she might not be able to use it i no harry cant drink out of one unless its a Biba one (long spout)

C

cavykind

If thr has bn no positiv chang in hr conition sh ns to b sn by a vt [colorr]toay. If sh has a urinary tract infction sh will n antibiotics, if not givn promptly sh coul n up with a kiny infction. Infction from th blar can travl up th yourtrs an into th kiny.

If it's too far to your grans usual vt, mayb thr is a narr on you coul us in a situation lik this?
Try an gt a urin sampl to tak with you, as th vt Will b abl to to a quick tst thr an thn to s if it contains bloo, protin an lucocyts clls, all inicativ of infction. (Though bloo an protin may somtims also inicat othr problms.)

Just my thoughts an what I woul o with my guina pig.
Hop sh is okay,
Barbara

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gothchick1515

i wont see my nan now until saturday, she lives 20mins away i dont have a car and I'm alone today. ill ring my nan tonight and see if its ok if not my mum has tomorrow off so she can take her x

G

gothchick1515

My nan said yesterday that rubys wees ok now, she gave her alot of cucumber (what i said might help) after we left on sunday she needs a bath though as shes a himi and her white fur has been stained by her pee. i think she needs a better bottle so am popping over with the fantastic biba bottle later x

Status
Not open for further replies.