• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

What could be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

When i pick Zubin up he Squeals, i posted this here because I'm not sure if it is a health/behaviour problem

When hes in his cage and i get him out he goes off on one and wriggles and Squeals and i just weighed him and he did the same as i got him out of his run, the others dont mind me picking them up and Zubin never used to!? i checked for any lumps of bumps or knocks but there wasnt anything there nor has he got a impacted bum :S any ideas?

George and Mildred do that to me and they've been with me for over 2 years now. Mildred throws her head back and pushes me with her paws. George squeals like he's about to be killed and then just sits there shaking looking terrified. That is until they get something yummy to eat (I shamelessy bribe them to like me) then its a different story.

Lol! aww, Zubins never been like this which is odd, its got worse since him and ed have been together so it might be that hes so happy with Ed he doesnt want a hug with me x

Some just do that for no reason love.. my lot have thier 'off days', maybe it's one of them.

Might also be a bit of jealousy as he can smell the others on you?

Cherry squeaks for a while everytime she's picked up and cuddled!

Rocky has hysterics all the time - legs bicycling, eyes rolling, hands scrabbling. I just ignore it and speak sternly - ROCKET HART, STOP THAT

then I kiss him lots ;D

I have a couple of pigs which are like that. I think some pigs prefer just pig company and others don't mind human contact!

It could just be that he is not in the best of moods...lol.

Or it could be a health problem. Seeing as you have checked him for lumps and bumps etc have you noticed any difference in his behaviour otherwise - is he eating, drinking OK etc?

Has he been acting...clumbsy at all? Bad co-ordination?

I have one male who you would think I was killing when he is picked up Lol

Is there any chance it could be mites?

you don't always see them, I know that they will squeek bad if they do have them, just a thought

karen

You can't see mites unless under a microscope, if you see them it is lice ;)

I know you can't see mites, but I have had a pig with mites and it wheek like there was no tomorrow
until it was treated now fine

But I agree there are just some pigs that do not like being picked up

karen

Hes still a right Squinny but hes getting better! i think he was happy the other time and didnt want a cuddle lol x

maybe hes had a few off days i would wrap him losely in a towel then walk around cuddling him and talking to him, when I first got Floo he squealed for England but since i did the towel wrap he calmed right down, he is a little lamb now since his bad foot episode, but if mine do squeal the towel method gets used, but as others have said be wary of it being mites, but try the towel method first might solve the problem,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back